Photo Request: Wider Handlebars on your FZ8?

decooney

Looking for current photos of wider handlebars on your FZ8?

Coming more from dirt bikes and supermoto, for me I feel like my FZ8 could use 2" wider handlebars (1" each side) with maybe 1" more pullback. I did read an old thread here where one guy did it and liked it, also the benefit of having the mirrors out just a tad more would be nice. Just like the feel and control of something just a tad wider. Considering adding larger dia. triple clamps and some CR mid height Pro Taper Countour bars and cutting them to 29" wide or so. Got this idea after sitting on a new CB1000R Honda which felt pretty good.

Got any recent photos you can share of wider handlebars on your FZ8?

decooney

Looks nice Hoover. I'm considering changing out my clamps and 7/8th bars and going with 1-1/8" fat bars. I cannot tell from your photo, but are your bars any taller or pull back any further than stock, or about the same as stock?

H

Hoover

Not taller and not much more than 1/2 further back. They are however just over an inch wider on each side.

DownhomeMoto

Here are a few quick pics of mine. I'm not sure off the top of my head what they were. But if I remember right I think they were 804mm wide. I really like them.

decooney

Here are a few quick pics of mine. I'm not sure off the top of my head what they were. But if I remember right I think they were 804mm wide. I really like them.

DownhomeMoto,
804 is 31.6 inches. Definitely wider. Do you remember if you cut the bars off a little or left them as-is? Also, are your hand guards floating or attached at the bar end too?

I see you added hand guards too, something else I'm considering depending on how wide I go. In the photos, it sort of looks like your bars are cut, still sort of narrow. If not, 31.5" looks pretty good and about what I'm going for.

DownhomeMoto

They are not cut. I could not fit all the controls if I cut the with the bend they have. The hand guards mounts on the bar only not the end. The ride nice. A little buzz but there are aluminum not steel like the oem ones.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

decooney

Anyone here ever see or try 1-1/8th inch LSL Superbike Fat Bars and Clamps on an FZ8?

These look pretty sweet. About 30" wide with 2-3/4" rise, and about 6" pullback or so. Sort of look like this.

Last edited: