PCV Map on Aussie FZ8

Mint

Just for anyone interested ,especially if your running an Australian Model FZ8...mine is a 2011. On Saturday I fitted a PCV, Two Brothers Black Series slip on, K&N filter, did the airbox mod and blocked off the ais. Initially I briefly tried the maps that were on the website....and CD ( which were the same) and although they worked I was not overly impressed...then thanks to Fazed and Dr_doom who both emailed me maps , I installed a map that was near as dammit the same setup as my bike...and all I can say is WOW...what a huge difference. I have been running it since Tuesday...and its so good....no flat spots....really pulls down low, and the cackle off the pipe...makes you want to keep blipping the throttle..and saved me a trip to the Dyno shop. No temperature issues either..in-fact I cant say anything bad about it so far. Cheers guys :)

beefcake morris

I have the same exact mods and just got my pcv with the same map off there website. I was not impressed either especially at the 3,000 to 3,600 rpm range. I was hoping it would be fixed

F

Fazed

So which map did you use? Manos Dyno map? My PCV should be here in 2 weeks.

D

Deleted member 438

So which map did you use? Manos Dyno map? My PCV should be here in 2 weeks.

Both of those maps work really well, the one that is mano's I left the cruise alone to maintain ride ability in the cruise and messed with the other numbers. Try both of them and see which one you like better.

master paper clip

Both of those maps work really well, the one that is mano's I left the cruise alone to maintain ride ability in the cruise and messed with the other numbers. Try both of them and see which one you like better.

Would be interested in trying them out if your feeling gracious

F

Fazed

So the Mano's one is good for commuting?

Texas tough

Fazed emailed me 2 maps (thank you) and one map felt kinda soft but the other
one woke it up pretty good. The only map I've tried so far that made a significant difference you can feel. (Again, my opinion. No dyno). Still playing with bumping, taking away fuel in mid & high ranges on the juice box pro. Low range was spot on. Very happy with the map! Only mod is 2 bros black series. She kinda has an attitude now. Perfect!!

F

Fazed

Fazed emailed me 2 maps (thank you) and one map felt kinda soft but the other
one woke it up pretty good. The only map I've tried so far that made a significant difference you can feel. (Again, my opinion. No dyno). Still playing with bumping, taking away fuel in mid & high ranges on the juice box pro. Low range was spot on. Very happy with the map! Only mod is 2 bros black series. She kinda has an attitude now. Perfect!!

I know what you mean. I have to be careful on the exit of corners now :D

Black Widow

Avid Rider
I know what you mean. I have to be careful on the exit of corners now :D

Try a new set of tires to hold better grip. After switching to the Michelin PR3 tires , i can hammer throttle out of corners and not loose traction (from engine power that is), a little rain and drifting is easier....

Last edited:
F

Fazed

Try a new set of tires to hold better grip. After switching to the Michelin P3 tires , i can hammer throttle out of corners and not loose traction (from engine power that is), a little rain and drifting is easier....

I do alot of riding, so supersport tyres won't last me long. I am going to replace them with Michelin pilot road 3's.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
I do alot of riding, so supersport tyres won't last me long. I am going to replace them with Michelin pilot road 3's.

I know you will love them, the front is great in the wet. They also last at least 3 times longer than the stock tires. Tip into turns is awesome with the PR3 tires.

F

Fazed

I know you will love them, the front is great in the wet. They also last at least 3 times longer than the stock tires. Tip into turns is awesome with the PR3 tires.

Had the pilot road 2's on the last bike which had the same bridgestones as the FZ8 does before that. The difference was night and day. So yes, I know I will love them :) I tried to convince the dealer to change the tyres to the pilot road 3's before I picked it up but wouldn't do it unless I paid full price for them

yoyokid16

Hello, I am new to the forum. I have a 2012 fz8 and I am looking for a good power map for my pcv. Just wondering if u could help me out :)

sandroon

Just for anyone interested ,especially if your running an Australian Model FZ8...mine is a 2011. On Saturday I fitted a PCV, Two Brothers Black Series slip on, K&N filter, did the airbox mod and blocked off the ais. Initially I briefly tried the maps that were on the website....and CD ( which were the same) and although they worked I was not overly impressed...then thanks to Fazed and Dr_doom who both emailed me maps , I installed a map that was near as dammit the same setup as my bike...and all I can say is WOW...what a huge difference. I have been running it since Tuesday...and its so good....no flat spots....really pulls down low, and the cackle off the pipe...makes you want to keep blipping the throttle..and saved me a trip to the Dyno shop. No temperature issues either..in-fact I cant say anything bad about it so far. Cheers guys :)

I've done the same your configuration except for a complete akra exaust system (no cat) .
Can you help me with your map? Or , how i can reach Dr-Doom for a little help ? ;)
Tnx

Mint

I've done the same your configuration except for a complete akra exaust system (no cat) .
Can you help me with your map? Or , how i can reach Dr-Doom for a little help ? ;)
Tnx

no probs.....Pm me an email address and I will send you them mate :)