Official Plasti Dip Thread?

cambo

Avid Rider
I thought it would be cool, maybe even useful, to have a central repository of all the plasti dippin' ventures out there so folks can see what may or may not look good in their opinion...and hopefully, save some folks a couple of bucks depending on said opinion.

Anyway I'll start it off here, hopefully this thread grows!

Some are old pics that have been posted before...others are new from this weekend.

Wfdowns...I did the sideburns today. I think with white it looks good...but with red, it popped a little TOO much so I went back to black.

master paper clip

That looks great, personally I think the red windscreen thing is a bit much but the side burns look good with the rest. Here my Plasti job

goldfz8

looked good but only lasted two days and it got so dirty. the tank started getting saggy from getting pulled on when leaning and the tail started pealing from my gf sitting on the back and all pieces had about five coats beauty of it is it peals right off now im going to have it actually sprayed white. Plasti dip is good for wheels and parts that dont get touched constantly. im going to do the wheels in a blaze yellow

cambo

Avid Rider
that looks awesome dude!...good luck with the wheels though. One of the guys from the other forum did his wheels in plasti dip and it shredded after the first couple of rides.

I never even got to ride with my plasti diped wheel because I didn't prep my wheels well enough...the next day after I left it dry, there were air bubbles everywhere so I ended up tearing it all off. So, if I were going to attempt it again, I'd definitely do a better job with prepping the wheel. But I'm not going to attempt it again based off of that dude's experience.

b-eock

I got mine straight from Yamaha. Its the OEM Engine guard

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Has any one tried the blue Plasti-Dip? I'm wondering if its close to the stock strips on the 2013 FZ8. My plan is to do a blue strip on the wheels but I want it to match whats on the tank.

Rotaryknight

looked good but only lasted two days and it got so dirty. the tank started getting saggy from getting pulled on when leaning and the tail started pealing from my gf sitting on the back and all pieces had about five coats beauty of it is it peals right off now im going to have it actually sprayed white. Plasti dip is good for wheels and parts that dont get touched constantly. im going to do the wheels in a blaze yellow

Really want them rearsets....so pricey :(

I was going to plasti-dip white the bars under the seat like Cambo but it seems I will have to tape off a lot of stuff. The plasti-dip on my wind deflector is peeling off a little on the edges, I peeled the whole thing off and will redo them again this weekend, and maybe try again with the bars under the seat.

rawgee

Not done yet, but do you guys think plastidip would hold on to the exhaust?

mikefz8

@Rawgee...I could be wrong, but I dont think plastidip would stay on to any surface that gets as hot as your exhaust. BTW welcome to the forums and great pics from your other thread "Photoshoot of me, my FZ8 and girls... ;)".

rawgee

@Rawgee...I could be wrong, but I dont think plastidip would stay on to any surface that gets as hot as your exhaust. BTW welcome to the forums and great pics from your other thread "Photoshoot of me, my FZ8 and girls... ;)".

They say it can hold 200F... And thanks for the welcome message i will start a "new guy" thread...lol ;)

cambo

Avid Rider
Thanks b-eock! :)

Cambo & b-eock...does it bolt together in the middle? Meaning it comes as 2 pieces and you join it together underneath the headers? TIA

Sure does dude...for me, it was a little tight when it came time to join them in the middle...nothing a little wd-40 couldn't fix.

b-eock

The two pieces meet at the middle of the front of the engine (a little offset to the right of the engine). It doesn't bolt together in the middle. But the way it's designed, it doesn't need to be. It fits together with a rod, a rubber sleeve and a hole. Its tight to get in for sure. But I just kept using my manly strength to force the together :p.

cambo

Avid Rider
The two pieces meet at the middle of the front of the engine (a little offset to the right of the engine). It doesn't bolt together in the middle. But the way it's designed, it doesn't need to be. It fits together with a rod, a rubber sleeve and a hole. Its tight to get in for sure. But I just kept using my manly strength to force the together :p.

yes sorry, that's what I meant...that they come together in the middle but don't literally bolt up in the middle. bolts up to each side of the bike. thanks for clarifying dude!

master paper clip

Here she is today finally with a proper exhaust, the screws on my front fender stripped so I gotta get an extracter to take tem out and paint it.... Over the winter I hope to peel it off and paint it and maybe the rims to match my helmet

C

cracker0309

Not done yet, but do you guys think plastidip would hold on to the exhaust?

Yes it will hold! I'm pretty sure that plasti dip has a heat rating around 200 F

I've dipped my DM and haven't had any problems so far and it's been on there month or so now.