Oberon oval bar end mirror

RnR

What do you think of these? I'm liking the oval version instead of the round.

Oberon adjustable bar end mirrors

My bike is now in storage and it's not really convenient to take a bar end off and measure. Think I'd have any trouble with a 12mm-19mm internal diameter set? They are $109CAD a piece at Blue Streak Racing. I have an order in progress with them and might just tack a pair of these on.

master paper clip

If u have the factory bars u can't use bar end mirrors that can't attach thew the Allen bolt used to attach the bar end weights, there is a slug in the original handle bars that restricts our options

D

Deleted member 438

If you dremel out the slug in our stock bars it will work. Let me see if I can find I.D. of our bars.
Edit: 22mm is definitely too big, so if it's gonna work it'll be the smaller of the two options.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Love the look of the oval mirrors. I tried a few shapes, ended up with the oval shape. Anyone want the round bar end mirrors, i have a few sets left for 3.99$ plus shipping. Also have the square FZ8 logo mirrors(black and gold) if anyone is interested. $40 plus shipping( i think i paid over $100 for them)

Last edited:

master paper clip

Love the look of the oval mirrors. I tried a few shapes, ended up with the oval shape. Anyone want the round bar end mirrors, i have a few sets left for 3.99$ plus shipping. Also have the square FZ8 logo mirrors(black and gold) if anyone is interested. $40 plus shipping( i think i paid over $100 for them)

Gotta say I love that bag set up, not to obnoxious, fits the bike... wish I had the money for the square mirrors, would take them off your hands

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Gotta say I love that bag set up, not to obnoxious, fits the bike... wish I had the money for the square mirrors, would take them off your hands

Bag set up (saddlebags) SW-Motech Blaze Sport saddlebags, have a great mounting system, 15 seconds and they are off/on, and the bar that holds the bag comes of with the push of a button and just the black mount stays on the bike(see pic#3). No sraps at the rear ,very clean and very sturdy.

Last edited:

RnR

If u have the factory bars u can't use bar end mirrors that can't attach thew the Allen bolt used to attach the bar end weights, there is a slug in the original handle bars that restricts our options

If you dremel out the slug in our stock bars it will work. Let me see if I can find I.D. of our bars.
Edit: 22mm is definitely too big, so if it's gonna work it'll be the smaller of the two options.

Thanks for the heads up and suggestion. Might be best for me to wait for now and do a bit more research. Sounds like it may be easier to match up mirrors with a new set of bars. Those gold Renthals are nice. :) Farkling this thing up could become an addiction.

RnR

Your ovals look great. What make are they? Are the bars stock?

I see now they are CNC.

Last edited:

Black Widow

Avid Rider
The Rizoma mirrors are super nice. The ones i got from Ride it Moto have faded to a dark brown, you get what you pay for, i didn't pay enough LOL.

RnR

The Rizoma mirrors are super nice. The ones i got from Ride it Moto have faded to a dark brown, you get what you pay for, i didn't pay enough LOL.

Thanks for the heads up. At the moment the Rizoma Reverse Retro are in top spot for me. I've done some more reading on the site here. I didn't realize that mirrors would be such a tricky mod.

master paper clip

Widow how come u don't use the square ones anymore, didn't like the design or something else, I had mirrors like the oval ones u have on now, not to fond of them but that's cause they never worked good enough for me

Black Widow

Avid Rider
I really like the oval mirrors for look and function, have a little wider view than the square ones. Also there is nothing square on the FZ8 to warrant square mirrors . The oval mirrors are very clear and give 180 rear view, very little vibration at speed. I also get tired of switching mirrors and trying different ones as i get too distracted with setting them properly, and always looking at them to compare. The oval ones i have gotten used to so i think i will stick with them, maybe get the Rizoma oval in black(of course) when the ones i have fade to the point of being ugly.

master paper clip

I really like the oval mirrors for look and function, have a little wider view than the square ones. Also there is nothing square on the FZ8 to warrant square mirrors . The oval mirrors are very clear and give 180 rear view, very little vibration at speed. I also get tired of switching mirrors and trying different ones as i get too distracted with setting them properly, and always looking at them to compare. The oval ones i have gotten used to so i think i will stick with them, maybe get the Rizoma oval in black(of course) when the ones i have fade to the point of being ugly.

I know what u mean, I liked the look of them with the bike and the view was great for such a small mirror. but mine were horrible quality, the one couldent hold its position past 60 and the other was useless, if I had the money I would buy some rizoma tomahawk