Northern Va Rides for 2013

D

DJK1505

So after reading a few posts and seeing there are a few other norhtern va riders on here. These are a few maps of the rides we are planning on this summer. I ride with an R6, GSXr600,Triumph Tiger, Ducati ST4, hopin my girl is gonna pick up a new Street Triple R this month, and my little sis rides an XB9. I will post up the dates we are going next to the maps once I have the dates all lined out on the calendar.

New River Gorge: First ride May 18-20th or 25-27th. Just depends on weather!!!!!
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204757807513427791779.0004cbc9cdcbcbbe8f688&msa=0

West Va ride:
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204757807513427791779.0004caa2d88c2d49b819a&msa=0

Black Water Falls:
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204757807513427791779.0004ca64dcd092526e6d2&msa=0

Rt. 32 in West Va: This is an amazing ride up and over two mountains, we generally try to do this run 5-7 times a summer. Its about a 300 mile day.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...&ll=38.664067,-78.640137&spn=1.07013,2.227478

Hit me up if you guys wanna roll. Llike I said I will put dates next to these rides once I get them figured out.

DJ

Last edited:
D

DJK1505

You can keep up. My little sister comes with us alot, this will be her second full season to ride. I have prety strict riding rules when we are in a group, its too easy for somehting to happen, or somone get left behind. So we have a meeting before and at almost every stop a reminder of how to ride in a group setting, distance to follow, who is leading the ride, stop and wait points along the way to let everyone group up again, etc. I'll get the dates up. You will have a blast. Especially any of the West Va rides, its freakin beautiful out there, and there is very, very, very little traffic. And awesome roads!

DJ

C

calscrazy

You will have a blast. Especially any of the West Va rides, its freakin beautiful out there, and there is very, very, very little traffic. And awesome roads!

DJ

as an out of stater i can concur with those statements. every other year when i go visit my in-laws i always try to get at least one day for myself. some great unpopulated places to ride. west virginia, western virginia, western north carolina, north georgia are all fun!

you can stop for lunch at
Good Times Cafe
503 N Main
Moorefield,WV
funnest lunch i have ever had. just tell them yuo know "hamma" and you are from lubbock! LMAO!!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DJK1505

as an out of stater i can concur with those statements. every other year when i go visit my in-laws i always try to get at least one day for myself. some great unpopulated places to ride. west virginia, western virginia, western north carolina, north georgia are all fun!

you can stop for lunch at
Good Times Cafe
503 N Main
Moorefield,WV
funnest lunch i have ever had. just tell them yuo know "hamma" and you are from lubbock! LMAO!!

Shit, next time your out this way hit me up, I generally have a descent used bike laying around, we could go hit up some West Va twisties and check out Good times! LOL

DJ

cambo

Avid Rider
You can keep up. My little sister comes with us alot, this will be her second full season to ride. I have prety strict riding rules when we are in a group, its too easy for somehting to happen, or somone get left behind. So we have a meeting before and at almost every stop a reminder of how to ride in a group setting, distance to follow, who is leading the ride, stop and wait points along the way to let everyone group up again, etc. I'll get the dates up. You will have a blast. Especially any of the West Va rides, its freakin beautiful out there, and there is very, very, very little traffic. And awesome roads!

DJ

hell yeah brotha! looking forward to getting out there!

C

calscrazy

couple of funny things that happened to us on the trip.

the bald guy is named george. we convinced a late night truck stop cashier in arkansas he was vin diesel's gay brother. we didn't tell him until we were at next stop.

we also learned that traffic in DC is insane. you never follow three different gps'. you are bound to get split up.

donnie at ducpond is the best. that was the friendlist most helpful shop owner to abunch of guys from texas that i have ever seen. all we wanted was some shirts. he had none. month later we get abunch shirts in the mail and he didnt even charge us. not to mention he let us play in the back where his private collection of ducati's was at.

speed limit on blue ridge parkway SUUUCCCKKKKSSSSS!!!!!!!!

good times in moorefield serves alcohol early. we got there at noon and the guy in the middle in the white was already wasted. also he apparently doesnt realize how big the state of texas is. he asked me if i knew of a guy named "hamma!" i said no and he said "he live in lubbock. he lebron daddy!" i explained i dont live near lubbock and he said "its in texas....cant be that far from you." just 350 miles to a city i have been in one time in my 40 years of exsistence.

Bikes In Garage Photo by calscrazy | Photobucket arrow right for more pics

cambo

Avid Rider
couple of funny things that happened to us on the trip.

the bald guy is named george. we convinced a late night truck stop cashier in arkansas he was vin diesel's gay brother. we didn't tell him until we were at next stop.

we also learned that traffic in DC is insane. you never follow three different gps'. you are bound to get split up.

donnie at ducpond is the best. that was the friendlist most helpful shop owner to abunch of guys from texas that i have ever seen. all we wanted was some shirts. he had none. month later we get abunch shirts in the mail and he didnt even charge us. not to mention he let us play in the back where his private collection of ducati's was at.

speed limit on blue ridge parkway SUUUCCCKKKKSSSSS!!!!!!!!

good times in moorefield serves alcohol early. we got there at noon and the guy in the middle in the white was already wasted. also he apparently doesnt realize how big the state of texas is. he asked me if i knew of a guy named "hamma!" i said no and he said "he live in lubbock. he lebron daddy!" i explained i dont live near lubbock and he said "its in texas....cant be that far from you." just 350 miles to a city i have been in one time in my 40 years of exsistence.

Bikes In Garage Photo by calscrazy | Photobucket arrow right for more pics

sweet bikes dude! I was THIS close to grabbing a monster instead of an fz8.

haha and that dude does look like vin diesel

D

DJK1505

Bad ass ride through WV!!!! Love that state!!!!!! I will retire and die there. nothing but country ass, crazy folk there.

I love the Monster, but man it is a freakin maintenance nightmare! You are constantly working on that bike, but hey to look bad ass you gotta pay. Right?

Hell yeah brother, any time you are in the area, hit me up. I am sure we can get into some sort of trouble on the bikes!!!!!!

Cambo, lets get this Ohlins on and put it to the test! LOL

tzortn

Pillion
Those look like some great routes. I assume that these are all day trips.

I would be interested in tagging alone if you do not mind a slow poke with you.

D

DJK1505

New River Gorge and Black Water Falls we will prob take the weekend, do some credit card camping. But the other are day trips.

Still working out the dates for the over night trips.

DJ

cambo

Avid Rider
Those look like some great routes. I assume that these are all day trips.

I would be interested in tagging alone if you do not mind a slow poke with you.

hey hey, I'm the resident slow poke, don't you try to steal my title :D

on that note, yesterday was beautiful around here, sunny and 55...took the bike out for a short ride, saw a ton of other bikers, haha, you can tell people are itching for the warmer weather. Can't wait to go on one of these long rides. More so, can't wait to get that new rear shock in. It's like all of a sudden, I'm even more aware of this inadequate shock after spending an entire winter reading about how inadequate it is! haha

D

DJK1505

Where you wanna meet up? I have to be home for the pest guy at 2. Or we can do a late afternoon ride. Let me look up on the map and see whats half way between us and see if I can lay something out. what times are good for you?

D

DJK1505

Shit brother, your 2 hours away from me. We could meet north of stafford and do a late afternoon ride. I know 619 and 610 around starrofd are fun. We only have about a good 5 hour window of descent weather, above 42 lol.

dj

cambo

Avid Rider
Wish I could make it! I'm working tomorrow night as well as tonight...night shift sucks. Boring. If you can't tell, I'm highly active on this site between 10pm-4am hahaha.

Enjoy the ride fellas, be safe!!

D

DJK1505

hahaha that sux bro! I am usually at work at 0400 M-F. Took tommorrow off bc it was supposed to be so nice. Well PM me anyones number that is around the are tomorrow and wants to hit up some of Northern Va!

DJ