Noise when decelerating.....

Daniel

over last couple of ride I've noticed a quiet noise that doesn't last long when i roll off the throttle and start decelerating..... What do people reckon this could be ??

Bagman

Camshaft bearings are loose.. I would strongly suggest you take your motorcycle into a repair shop for the bearings to be inspected and adjusted. Often the bearings will need replacing. The noise starts quiet, and gets louder over the next couple of ride. lol.

I don't think it has anything to do with the ebay link you provided to throttle bodies, but feel free to never post again in the forum. Admins? I guess there is no real way to prevent these kind of posts/account creations.

Last edited:

reALIGNed

First off, there is no such thing as camshaft bearings on these engines, nor can they become loose and are not adjustable (bring it up in a different topic). OP, I'm thinking more along the lines of the cam chain tensioner not doing its job, when the motor is under load (acceleration) the cam chain is pulled under tension making it tight and when you let go of the throttle the chain relaxes and can slap inside the engine/chain guides. However, your drive chain will do the same thing and if its loose enough it will slap and hit the chain guard. Verify if the sound is from the engine .