NJFZ8's Weekend warrior track-attack FZ8

NJFz8

Ok guys so heres the beast as she sits now, 4k miles on it, a 2012 Raven....

Heres a picture of most of the stuff thats been removed from the bike,
Including :
-Catalyst
-Stock exhaust
-Pass foot pegs
-Chain and muffler gaurds (not needed for track)
-Obnoxious tail
-Blinkers
-Stripped internals of passenger seat
-Old levers
-few other bits.

Total of over 40 pounds of weight removed. Even the new michelin tires i mounted were lighter than stock!

List of currently installed mods includes:
-extensive weight removal
-DanMOto GP exhaust, directly mounted to collector, NO cat. Converter
-Yamaha Factory engine cage
-Renthal Ultra-low rise street bars, GOLD
-Ebay shorty levers
-15t AFAM sprocket Front
-Yamaha Factory fly screen *used as number plate*
-Renthal road race grips
-Racetech Front suspension (valves and Springs, running 15w shock oil)
-08' R1 Rear shock with satan666 adapter waiting to be installed
-Cooling system is straight distilled water with water wetter
-OH, and a K&N Filter with airbox modifications
-ALL 4 THrottle venturies are short (max top end peak h.p. (track))
-GOODridge clear black coated Stainless steel brake lines front and back, with HQ dot 4
-graves smog block off plates
-190/50 rear tire

Only 2 things im waiting on getting in Is:
-Swingarm spools/sliders
-POwer Commander 5, custom map with quick -shifter
-Vortex rear sets.

Will post DYNO map and results with HP/TOrque AF ratios after installation.....

ONe last picture, shes ready for this weekend's event!!!

Hope you enjoyed!!:)

Last edited:

FZER

Avid Rider
I love it! The numbers look great. Removing the chain guard is cool too. It adds to our bad ass attitude of our bike. One question though will the 110 do anything? Our bike is made to run on 87. I'm guessing you put a 190 too, which mich are those?

NJFz8

THe danmoto slip on is unique as the fz8 itself, gets many compliments and as it pulls away (letting someone else ride it) It sounds like a screaming mountain lion. Especially with the cat removed.

THe purpose of the 11O is not the OCTANE rating itself, My purpose for the VP110 (VP's cheapest fuel at 55-60$ per 5 gallon drum) Is the fact that it contains No additives, and especially NO Ethanol, which we all know high performance high compression engines hate. So That in combination with the fact that it is LEADED will help keep combustion chamber walls/Valves cooler during extended periods of long WOT operation. I will bump up an octane if my Fuel map requires me to do so as to prevent detonation or pre-igniton. I hope you found my reasoning adequate.

NJFz8

oh yeah, here is the picture of almost everything that was removed from the bike, pan on taking a cooler/ more organized picture with weights in near future. :p

lyric911

THe danmoto slip on is unique as the fz8 itself, gets many compliments and as it pulls away (letting someone else ride it) It sounds like a screaming mountain lion. Especially with the cat removed.

THe purpose of the 11O is not the OCTANE rating itself, My purpose for the VP110 (VP's cheapest fuel at 55-60$ per 5 gallon drum) Is the fact that it contains No additives, and especially NO Ethanol, which we all know high performance high compression engines hate. So That in combination with the fact that it is LEADED will help keep combustion chamber walls/Valves cooler during extended periods of long WOT operation. I will bump up an octane if my Fuel map requires me to do so as to prevent detonation or pre-igniton. I hope you found my reasoning adequate.

Hooray, somebody else that understands octane.

NJFz8

As far as the stickers go. Everyone obviously knows ( I'm surprised you don't) that each one adds 5 hp, why do you think racing bikes are so fast?? ;)

Yes I'm mixing the 110 with Sunoco 93 50/50 until I map it out and check mu afr's. The numbers and whatnot are removed when riding to work I might add , theirs prevents confusion from other drivers or riders from thinking they are in a race with me at all times.

sempre1

Nice set up you got there, maybe one day i will try to do the same mods.
One question for you, i was thinking to change to a Renthal ultra low bars, are they that much low compare to the stock bars?? Do you have the model number??

Tnks mate.

NJFz8

parts-unlimited part number : 0601-0246

RENTHAL 7/8ths ULTRA LOW (about 1/2" lower than stock, a bit more sweep) in gold............ THey feel awesome and look F*cking baller.

DYNO'd bike today, on the race gas, only 96WHP but, i have yet to hook up the power commander with all the bolt ons, my AFR's Are all over the place but it bounces around 14:1:1 which is a little lean but, it will be fine for the weekend. As soon as it gets back the R1 shock is going in and the power commander. Im going to make a few maps, but one of them is going to be very aggressive (for a set up like mine, every bolt on you can get) and tuned for strait VP U:4 oxygenated race gas. I am hoping for like 100-105 WHP. I think its completely possible, as i am a champ at tuning :)

Next step will be to get some rear sprockets made for various tracks, and Im going to start doing research into a set of camshafts as ours are extremely GIRLY....

sempre1

Do you think does it make that much diff 1/2 low bar??
Is it really worth it? What do you mean more sweep?

FZER

Avid Rider
Cool, definitely know about the ethanol. Luckily I have a store up the road that sells ethanol free gas. All my smaller engines get it.
Also, check harbor frieght for rear spools and a stand if you aren't embarrased at the track to have some harbor frieght stuff. I got my stand from there for under $30. It's great for everything I've done.

Last edited: