New mods! Evotech is great!

trixster8

I installed a few mods tonight, Yamaha fly screen, Evotech radiator guard, and Evotech undertail kit. It's probably gonna be too cold this weekend to test out the fly screen. But the Evotech stuff looks great and has awsome quality.

lothodon

Super Moderator
how rigid is the undertail? that's the same one i've been looking at and i'm worried once a plate is installed it'd wobble a bit.

any chance you could snap a pic from the side with a plate on?

Speedo007

For that windscreen can't wait to get feedback. Just took a ride on my Fz6 and Fz8 and noticed how theres turbulance on the Fz6 compared to the FZ8 (with stock deflector)

trixster8

how rigid is the undertail? that's the same one i've been looking at and i'm worried once a plate is installed it'd wobble a bit.

any chance you could snap a pic from the side with a plate on?

This undertail is rock solid, will not wobble at all. It's all thick aluminum and bolts right to the steel tail frame. It has a single LED right above the plate and hides all the wiring very well. For now, I have to use the dealer's plate frame just to support my cardboard temperary plate. It's not as "tidy" as the R&G kit (which looks real nice), but much better than stock. Also, the angle of the plate kinda acts like a fender and should keep tire spray off your tail light. They also make some nice adapters for the mini blinkers, I got some of those also because I plan on changing all the blinkers to LEDs.

Rgraphic

I installed a few mods tonight, Yamaha fly screen, Evotech radiator guard, and Evotech undertail kit. It's probably gonna be too cold this weekend to test out the fly screen. But the Evotech stuff looks great and has awsome quality.

How complicated is the installation of the evotech fender eliminator. The Fz8 is my second bike and i never attempted it on my first as it involved cutting. I know its a direct bolt on but how about the wiring/moving the existing blinkers?

lothodon

Super Moderator
the evotech tail is quite easy to install and make look amazing. there is no cutting, not even of the wiring provided you reuse the stock blinkers. takes a little effort to get the original tail off and unassembled gracefully but if you take your time it's well worth the effort.

do yourself a favor, wash the stock tail first. i've yet to wash my bike from purchase and it was really muddy under there. still is in fact.

FZ8Grid

trixster8 -

I have been trying to find a website that is selling that eliminator kit.

I love the idea of the stock kit, but its wayyy to bulky and thats the exact idea i was considering.

I have the welding and cutting equipment to make my own, but due to my time frame i would rather buy it. If i cant find that one ill just make one.

If you could let me know where you bought yours that would be amazing.

Speedo007

The R&G is also very good. As minimalist as possible and wasn't too expensive either (90$ if I remember well):

And you can keep the stock blinkers too if desired. Just keep in mind any of these tail tidies will be messy when it rains, other then that they all look great :)

FZ8Grid

Great looking bike Speedo

we definitely share a similar taste.

My reasoning from that kit is mainly the extra ruggedness I feel it gives to the bike. Keeps the back end from looking to crotch rocketish i guess. As far as cleaning Iv already washed, detailed, and waxed. I love cleaning my bike ha ha so mess doesnt both me.

Great choice on the side grip, i remember reading your other post regarding it. Looks amazing.

perpinator

3rd eye

hey where did u get the 3rd eye light from

How complicated is the installation of the evotech fender eliminator. The Fz8 is my second bike and i never attempted it on my first as it involved cutting. I know its a direct bolt on but how about the wiring/moving the existing blinkers?