New mirrors

Motogpmad

Where did you get them from mate? I been looking online for the past couple of hours looking for a set of mirrors that i dont have to buy from china.

jonnyedwards1981

Where did you get them from mate? I been looking online for the past couple of hours looking for a set of mirrors that i dont have to buy from china.

eBay mate, from China but took 8 days from ordering to being sat on my bike and I'm in the UK. Good quality, great price. Can send you the item number if you like

Motogpmad

Nice one. Just ordered a set. I was trying to avoid buying from china. But there is no chance of getting anything like them in the uk. Suppliers over here just don't seem to have the imagination to stock or manufacture decent after market parts. Be good to see some quality pics mate.

jonnyedwards1981

Completely agree mate, so frustrating that suppliers over here either can't manufacture good quality stuff and charge over the odds for a load of old rubbish. Will get some better pics for you too. Another guy on here recommended them to me and I am genuinely really impressed with them.

I've had to get motodynamics light from USA then front r1 flash fit indicators and mirrors from china - doesn't make sense!!

Motogpmad

well tasty. i cant wait for mine to arrive now. ordered them last night so probably be a couple of weeks.

Do they come in bits or are they already put together?

jonnyedwards1981

Mine took 8 working days to get here which wasn't bad at all.

Pretty much assembled, the mirror and arm are already connected, just need to bolt the new mirror mount onto where the old ones were, then bolt the mirror arm onto the mount and jobs a goodun. All the fixing and tools needed are provided mate and the install is an absolute doddle. The adjustment is the only pain, not difficult, just a bit fiddly. Been out this afternoon for a couple of hours and the mirrors are great, haven't moved and although they are tiny in comparison to stock mirrors, you can see enough out of them. They do look very good I think

Motogpmad

Nice one. I wish i had ordered some a few weeks back when i intended too. Just wasn't sure on the quality or security of postage etc. They do look the tits though. way better than the stock things. i reckon the stock mirrors must loose 10mph just through drag alone (JOKE) :)

I'm just after a decent exhaust hanger now that will work with my Akro can. Evotech and R&G dont fit with after market can.

B

bren

Nice one. I wish i had ordered some a few weeks back when i intended too. Just wasn't sure on the quality or security of postage etc. They do look the tits though. way better than the stock things. i reckon the stock mirrors must loose 10mph just through drag alone (JOKE) :)

I'm just after a decent exhaust hanger now that will work with my Akro can. Evotech and R&G dont fit with after market can.

I have an evotech one holding my can on. Tho, I have the mivv double gunn which is pretty compact..

W

WARPTH

Make one. Piss easy. Refer custom exhaust hanger thread.

AlCab

Looking good jonny! I have the same mirrors but with gold stalks. I think I like the all black better :) But I did get gold levers so the gold stalk on the mirrors tie in well with them I think.

jonnyedwards1981

Looking good jonny! I have the same mirrors but with gold stalks. I think I like the all black better :) But I did get gold levers so the gold stalk on the mirrors tie in well with them I think.

The gold looks nice mate with gold levers and front forks!!

How did you find the adjustment and tightening up? Have the held up ok over time?

AlCab

The gold looks nice mate with gold levers and front forks!!

How did you find the adjustment and tightening up? Have the held up ok over time?

Thanks jonny. The adjustment holds up just fine - they don't move once you have them set. They do take some trial and error to get set just right. Go ride, come back and make a slight adjustment. Repeat until you get it just right.

One thing though is that I partially stripped the threads right at the bend, where the gold stalk meets the black handlebar mount. So I went and got a longer allen bolt and put a locknut on the back side. So now I can get it nice and tight without fear of stripping the aluminum threads. You can see the silver locknut in the pic. Not as clean looking but very sturdy.