New Member from QC, Canada

zikolai

Hi guys :) After about 2000km of fun in the last Month, I can say I am quite happy with my purchase. I have been reading through this forum before and after the purchase and its content has been very helpful.

I have had more radical sport bikes before (ZX7R, R6, RC51...) and I find that the FZ8 has enough juice for fun and is not hurting my back which is a good thing :).

I have just bought a reverse handle Pitbull stand with spools. And there's a few mods I am thinking about.

- Evotech Tail tidy (Not sure if I want to cut in the license plate light wiring yet... but I find it looks good and it supports the original turn signals.)
- Evotech Radiator guard. (Do you guys think this may reduce air flow going to the rad? Will this increase engine temp?)
- I wish I could buy the Yosh R77D exhaust; it looks and sounds good imo but the cops in my Province are now equipped to detect the DB levels so if it is noisier than stock... I am in trouble....

Sorry for the long story but hey, Hi everyone ! :)

Ptate

Where in qc? I'm in laval and just bought mine too! 300km and counting! :) i have a two brothers black series carbon slip on, yoshimura fender eliminator, led blinkers, bar end mirrors. Let me know if you want to ride sometimes !

Alex

Evad

Hello Fellow Quebexicans!
I am in Trois-rivières... I was wondering if the cops would care if I had a slip on? I installed the Yosh tail tidy, yam OEM rear blinkers in the back. The tail tidy frame requires our QC license plates to be "trimmed" by about 3/8", looks real nice once said and done though...

zikolai

Where in qc? I'm in laval and just bought mine too! 300km and counting! :) i have a two brothers black series carbon slip on, yoshimura fender eliminator, led blinkers, bar end mirrors. Let me know if you want to ride sometimes !

Alex

Hi Alex, I live in Boucherville. Not very far from Laval. I think we should organise an FZ8 ride in QC. I saw like 4 FZ8s in the same group riding the 132 last Sunday. :)

zikolai

Hello Fellow Quebexicans!
I am in Trois-rivières... I was wondering if the cops would care if I had a slip on? I installed the Yosh tail tidy, yam OEM rear blinkers in the back. The tail tidy frame requires our QC license plates to be "trimmed" by about 3/8", looks real nice once said and done though...

Hi, I used to live in Trois-Rivieres. Left the city about 10 years ago but still going downtown from time to time.

Adding a slip on used to be the first mod I would do to a bike before... but after piling up tickets I am a bit reluctant in replacing it. If you check the SAAQ web site, you should find the info about the Db levels that are supported and then compare with the available slip ons with DB killers. Thanks for the info about the Yosh tail tidy. Did you install an LED license plate light?

dalco450

Salut et bienvenue.

You must cut the blinker's wires too to remove and reinstall them.
The temperature will increase about 2 degrees only with the radiator guard.

On this picture, you can see:

Evotech tail tidy
Evotech exhaust hanger (foot peg removed on both side)
Evotech frame sliders
Frame plugs and black heel guards

Evad

Hi, I used to live in Trois-Rivieres. Left the city about 10 years ago but still going downtown from time to time.

Adding a slip on used to be the first mod I would do to a bike before... but after piling up tickets I am a bit reluctant in replacing it. If you check the SAAQ web site, you should find the info about the Db levels that are supported and then compare with the available slip ons with DB killers. Thanks for the info about the Yosh tail tidy. Did you install an LED license plate light?

The yoshimura tail tidy comes with a LED plate light, I had to cut the wires to wire up left/right rear blinkers and the LED plate light. One thing I would recommend if you do chose to purchase this tail tidy, is to bend the LED plate light upwards, for some reason it is bent downwards and will hide the province of the license plate, something the cops may be iffy about. Havent had any problems so far however...

zikolai

Salut et bienvenue.

You must cut the blinker's wires too to remove and reinstall them.
The temperature will increase about 2 degrees only with the radiator guard.

On this picture, you can see:

Evotech tail tidy
Evotech exhaust hanger (foot peg removed on both side)
Evotech frame sliders
Frame plugs and black heel guards

Bonjour :) Thanks for sending this. I really like the look after removing the foot pegs too. Girlfriend doesn't ride with me so I'll remove them as well.

Ptate

Here a little pic of mine. Blacked out front light, handlebar mirror, led blinkers, mate black visor, two Brothers corbon black series slip on( sound clip before and after)

IMG_2713.mp4 Video by ptate3 | Photobucket

And yes the yoshimura plate thing is too smal and hide the "Quebec" but its realy straight foward to instal

zikolai

Here a little pic of mine. Blacked out front light, handlebar mirror, led blinkers, mate black visor, two Brothers corbon black series slip on( sound clip before and after)

IMG_2713.mp4 Video by ptate3 | Photobucket

And yes the yoshimura plate thing is too smal and hide the "Quebec" but its realy straight foward to instal

Nice sound with the SlipOn. Have you been bothered by the cops this year? I mean they are supposed to have the db meters now...

zikolai

I work for spvm and no we dont have db meter maybe SQ does i'll chek that with my friends

Thanks for checking. I was sure that they had modified the law this year to prevent people from contesting their tickets if they are above the DB limit. I then assumed that this mean that the police officers were equiped to take the readings. Ideally, I would like to find an exhaust that is street legal. From my readings, it appears that we should be ok when a db killer is installed.

Evad

Basically in Qc the law is simple, the vehicle must be stock... That is what my cousin, who is a cop, that also rides said... However they do tolerate some cosmetic changes like tail tidies, blinkers, etc...