New Luggage Solution

dgrdan

I was looking for a waterproof solution to get stuff to and from work during the week and came across this option from Shad. It consists of what they term a sport rack and their 37 liter top case. The rack basically replaces the back seat and the seat and rack can be swapped out in 30 seconds with no tools. The top case is lockable, and can be removed and reinstalled in seconds. With the case off the bike the rack does not detract too much from the sporty look of the bike.

Solution works for me and wanted to share in the event this will work for anyone else. Price for rack was $141 and the case was $160. Shad gave me a a 10% discount off the price and that almost covered shipping and tax (they, like me, are in FL). I hope the pictures I tried to attach worked... If not I will try again.

Dan

View attachment 731

View attachment 733

B

bren

hmmm dunno mate- i think i would rather just by a decent back pack lol. Dont think i like the look of a pod on a sporty looking bike.

dgrdan

I am not crazy about the look, but really needed watertight container to transport iPad and work documents. Ended up having enough room left for lunch, rain gear and a few other things. The good thing about it is once on the bike I can't see it :) I have done the backpack thing and don't like the feel.

B

bren

i dont really take much to work with me except lunch- so i dont mind the back pack. but def wouldnt take my ipad in it... and on hot days- the back pack can be a pain..

rail

does this make mounting and dismounting awkward at all? I've just got a Kriega bag currently and if I pack it full I step on the peg to swing over. This looks even higher

Black Widow

Avid Rider
does this make mounting and dismounting awkward at all? I've just got a Kriega bag currently and if I pack it full I step on the peg to swing over. This looks even higher

You mount the bike from the right side, stepping your left leg over the seat and falling into the bike....like Harley riders do with sissy bar. Just don't rev the piss out of the engine at every stop light like they do.....

F

Fazed

Not sure I'd be able to get on my bike like that with my short little legs, but still a great discovery and thanks for sharing. I'm still thinking I'll go the little givi saddle bag option.

dgrdan

Getting on does require a bit more right leg manipulation. If I bend the right leg hard at the knee my foot goes over the case. Not too uncomfortable to accomplish, but it does require a bit of finesse.

Haven't had a chance to see what the case will do to help with water from wet roads, but I imagine my back will stay free of road spray.

paulkemp

Just purchased this. Had nightmare finding it in uk so ordered from a French site. Free postage to uk. Box and rack €159 .
Supurb solution.