New FZ8 owner

Fred'Z8

Hello all, my name is Fred. A little back ground on me. Turning 47 this August and I have right at 30 years of street riding with another 10 years of dirt bikes under my belt. Over the years I have owned many bikes. Ninja's, Katana's, CBR's, cruisers, man I hate to say that one, and many VFR's/Interceptors. The VFR/Interceptors have been my main stay for a lot of years. I started out on the street on a VF500F and that bike would run circles around the 750's of the time. I just came off a VFR 1200. I must say that it was a good bike but 600 + pounds is really a chore to ride everyday. Put the weight with the crappy fueling that Honda is notorious for lately and it just got to be too much work riding that beast. Power that could not be stopped and some of the best brakes that I have every had the pleasure of using. But again, the weight and having to focus all my attention on throttle control was just a deal breaker for me.

So, I wanted a bike that was different than all the CBR's and FZ1's running around. I have no desire to get back on a liter + bike again so I decided to take a look at what was out there in the 750 to 800 cc class. I had already test drove the new Interceptor 800 and was not impressed. If you guys want to complain about throttle twitch on the FZ8, go ride the new Interceptor. It will buck you right off if you are not careful. So my next choice was the FZ8. Problem is, there were none left in the dealerships close to me.

I finally got a chance to check one out as a used one came up on the local Craigslist. I went and looked at it and was instantly sold. Called the local Yami dealer and they said they could order one of the last ones in a crate from the warehouse. I put down the deposit and patiently waited. It took them about 3 weeks to get the bike but it was worth the wait. The dealer made me an excellent deal on the big 1200 and a better deal on the new FZ8 and I walked away with some farkle money to boot.

So, here is what went away and what replaced it. Hope to contribute some good information to the forum and meet some new folks in the process. Lot's of mods and upgrades planned for this bike already :cheers:

Fred'Z8

Thanks for the welcome. Already started the modding process lol. Pazzo's, grip puppies, vista cruise, Givi tank lock mount, and Evotech radiator guard already installed. Tried the Givi windscreen but it raises the air a bit much for me. I will start a build thread soon.

johjerp

I have some after market parts you may be interested in that are on eBay.

Graves Motorsports Yamaha FZ8 Full Stainless Steel Exhaust System
Graves Motorsports Yamaha FZ8 Full Stainless Steel Exhaust System FZ 8 FZ 8 | eBay

FZ8 Robby Moto Naked Model Adjustable Rearsets
Yamaha FZ8 Robby Moto Naked Model Adjustable Rearsets FZ 8 FZ 8 Rear Set w Brake | eBay

Garde-boue Protection Talon R&G Racing FZ8
Garde Boue Protection Talon R G Racing FZ8 Fazer 8 FZ 8 FZ 8 FZ1 Rainguard | eBay

AutoTune Single Channel FZ8
Autotune Single Channel FZ8 Autotune FZ1 Other at 200 Power Commander | eBay

Tour Master Elite 14L Magnetic Mount Motorcycle Tank Bag 8264-1105-14-HH-FBA
Tour Master Elite 14L Magnetic Mount Motorcycle Tank Bag 8264 1105 14 HH FBA | eBay

DPM Warrior FZ8 windscreen windshield wind Yamaha
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171421258337?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649