New FZ8-No garage! Wisconsin Spring...

e_eggs

So I picked up a new 2012 FZ8 yesterday morning. Upgraded from an 89 honda hawk gt...and its turning out to be a great descicion! Feels like my old Hawk on steroids. But forecast is calling for rain...and maybe snow. And I have no garage due to living in an apartment building. So whats the best option to protect the bike from the elements? If i got a full size bike cover I feel like I'd be too lazy to cover and uncover constantly. This is the first new thing ive ever purchased...so for the time being, i'd like to try to protect it.lol Anyone else lacking proper storage?

Jacek3743

Welcome! A lot of us here would gladly help! Personally I don't have a need for a cover but when work is slow, I can look around for some solutions for you. I think I've seen something that was a quick on-and-off than a cover but I may be wrong....

e_eggs

Yea, I'm not sure if your familiar with bicycles...but i know for people who use a roof rack...they use what almost looks like a giant thong. It basically goes around the bars and back of the seat. Its just to keep bugs and road grime off the bicycles...but I only need to keep the sun and dew/rain off...and im really only concerned about the controls and seat. The rest of the bike will experience road wear no matter what...only reason why I think a full size cover would be a bit overkill.

master paper clip

I really hate to say this but my bikes been sitting uncovered since the day I got it threw rain and snow, I feel horrible about it but it won't kill the bike, all I got do is wash here and u wouldn't even know, but I would suggest like everyone else just get a bike cover, just put it on when u know the weather is gonna be bad or u know u wont be riding for a little

cxa0897

set up a tarp to park it under? you can rig something up with pvc pipes in no time, for minimal money. It won't hold up snow, but it'll keep the sun off of it, which probably does the most damage

Jacek3743

Do you live at an apartment complex or you just don't have a garage? Because they make rides in covers where it's like a little tent for your bike

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

mrarmy300

Pillion
I bought a cheap cover on ebay. One hook that goes under the bottom by the pipes. I only put it on when I expect bad weather. I ride it in the rain, so sitting in it can't be much worse. Remember to keep that chain lubed after rain/snow!