New Carbon Manufacturer for FZ8

compensation

Now when you start making other pieces, what price range are you talking. Lets use a tire hugger for example.

As for review, i like them and they look good. I believe he stands behind his warranty since there was a small issue before with the first pieces and instantly replaced. The only thing that grabs my attention is the price. I understand molds and labor but there are also free samples of carbon fiber 3m tape on the internet. Now that i am looking at rear sets i see this.

pastasauce

There has recently been some concern from buyers that these heel guards are not thick enough....that their flexibility is somehow a weakness. Let me clarify that in terms of overall strength and abrasion resistance, flexibility and resiliency are extremely valuable. If the Motoflyte heel guards were produced with overly numerous layers of carbon fiber, the result would actually be an item that is more easily abraded and unnecessarily heavy. I strive to produce items that use carbon fiber in the most correct way. Items that are exceptionally light weight and with enough longevity to last as long as you would expect or desire. The heel guards that I am working on for the Ducati 996 will be thicker. Because that is what is necessary in that particular application. For the FZ8, the carbon thickness I have chosen is correct because I generally choose to make the lightest item possible...without sacrificing longevity.
Please tell me whenever you have a concern or question. It allows me to further address the needs of you, the riders.

Thank you

Thank you! Just want to clarify, it is ok to use it with out the original heel guard? I was a bit hesitant to use it alone for fear of breaking it.

jwhelan65

Just an FYI I believe there are companiesthat make these for the FZ1, if I am not mistaken they use the same rearset. Been out for several years..

sinclap2

Lazy
Thank you! Just want to clarify, it is ok to use it with out the original heel guard? I was a bit hesitant to use it alone for fear of breaking it.

I don't think you need to worry about breaking woven carbon fibre, even at this "seemingly" thin thickness. This stuff after the process of curing (and the possible directional stress/strain you may exert on the part) is inherently strong. Don't be put off by how thin it is. There are a number reasons why they use this stuff in aircraft and racing machines. Strength and Weight.

So enjoy :D

Motoflyte

Yes. It is definitely ok to use the heel guards without the original aluminium guards underneath. Jumbo has well over a thousand miles on his Motoflyte heel guards at this point. They still look exceedingly good. To be honest, it's even surprised me how good they look after so many miles. I had expected at least a few scratches. But every time I see his bike, they look perfect. Thank you

sinclap2

Lazy
Yeah, I dunno either I was waiting for his rear hugger. I gave up and bought my rear hugger from a UK mob on eBay. I like it and fits perfectly (after adding a washer at each mounting point).