New bars

D

Defender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Defender

No they are about an inch higher and 1 1/2 inches closer to me. Much more comfortable. They are the Daytona bars at the motorcycle super store.

D

Defender

They were 30 bucks with shipping and took 20 minutes to install with nothing extra to add.

D

Defender

Yup easy change over. Huge difference no more sore wrists.

D

Defender

Sold the FZ8 today and bought a new CB1100. Bye group.

Wolf

Doesn't the throttle and turn signal controls have a little nub at the bottom, requiring drilling a hole in the bar for the nub to sit in?

Mikz86ta

Yes they do. Either shave them down, but risk them turning when in use....or.....drill a few holes. The latter I did. Takes some time, double n triple checking before you drill tho

Wolf

Picked up a $19.99 set of bars from Cycle Gear. Didn't drill the holes, just clamped the controls done snug.....

Wow. It's like riding a dirtbike. So much more flickable than with the narrower bars (these are about 1" wider and also straighter).

Pic:

$20 for the bars and another $20 for the end caps.

Last edited:

Wolf

The wider/straighter bars are awesome. Was getting vibes with the aftermarket bar ends, so I installed the stock bar end weights on the new bars and they're great. Much more control than with the narrower/curved bars.
It's almost like riding a dirt bike.... but with power! :cool:

[removed the bar padding and installed my GPS holder because it's REALLY easy to get lost out in rural Texas :confused: And you don't always have a cell signal.]

Last edited: