Need suggestions for new mirrors!

Speedy2

I don't like the stock mirrors. The vibrate so much I can't see a darn thing behind me. I rode my vstar 1300 on Sunday and I can read a license plate behind me, they don't shake or vibrate.

I don't think I want bar end mirrors. I don't want to start messing with weights, cutting... maybe I am wrong.

I don't want to spend a ton of money for Rozima mirrors.

Can anyone give me any good suggestions?

master paper clip

I don't like the stock mirrors. The vibrate so much I can't see a darn thing behind me. I rode my vstar 1300 on Sunday and I can read a license plate behind me, they don't shake or vibrate.

I don't think I want bar end mirrors. I don't want to start messing with weights, cutting... maybe I am wrong.

I hade some bar ends, they were great when they worked didnt have to cut or modify anything and still used my bar end weights... But they were cheap shits from china and couldn't hold position past 60mph, I like the tomok ones and these also http://bit.ly/1a1YaCm but not for the price, I've seen them cheaper

TwoWheels

I have to also bring up the obligatory $5 ebay bar-ends. Mine work great. No cutting, only mod was getting longer bolts to retain the weights. I put some JBWeld on the back "retaining arm" of the mirror, and maybe I got lucky, or maybe I used more elbow grease, or tightened the two bolts in a different order, but my mirrors don't change position until after 100. I'm maintaining that I just got lucky.

F3NIX

If you decide to get bar ends (which u stated u really werent interested in) I would highly recommend CRG bar ends. They make a round and a elongated (Arrow) mirrors. I have the Arrow mirrors. Bar ends are so much better than stock position because the point of view is soooooo much better. I would never go back to stock location. CRG bar ends arent cheap ($240/pair) but they never move no matter how fast your going and they have different locking positions so if your parking in a tight spot in your garage you can flip them up, when u pull out flip them down and they are still in perfect position.

Just my 2 cents

Sent from my phone

MotoZen

If you decide to get bar ends (which u stated u really werent interested in) I would highly recommend CRG bar ends. They make a round and a elongated (Arrow) mirrors. I have the Arrow mirrors. Bar ends are so much better than stock position because the point of view is soooooo much better. I would never go back to stock location. CRG bar ends arent cheap ($240/pair) but they never move no matter how fast your going and they have different locking positions so if your parking in a tight spot in your garage you can flip them up, when u pull out flip them down and they are still in perfect position.

Just my 2 cents

Sent from my phone

I have the same ones and love them. I have the brackets reversed from yours and the mirrors pretty much come straight off the bars. I also flip my mirrors down when covering the bike so that the cover doesn't pull on and change the position. They are very pricey though.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
I really like the ones that I have on my FZ1. High quality, and the fact that they have turn signals in them is cool too:

BikeMaster Candy Drop Standard Mirror - BikeBandit.com

Here they are installed:

decooney

If looks is your primary concern, get whatever you want.

If function is a first priority and being able to see behind and around the back of you is a concern, bar end mirrors is the only way to go on the FZ8.

I traded bikes on a ride with two good friends and it took them about 5 minutes to realize the difference with a decent set. Good ones are not cheap, but its a cheap price to pay for safety. I decided after reading the same comments all over this FZ8 forum and tried to resist bar end mirrors for too long. Now I would not trade them back for inward stock mirrors for any reason. When I got on their bikes with stock inward mirrors I felt unsafe finding myself trying to turn around again to see what's behind me.

adams614

Pillion
Definitely agree with decooney. I had never rode with bar end mirrors until my FZ8. I can see soo much better and don't have to flap my elbows.

I bought some China cheapes and if or when the paint starts to fade I'll just pick up another set for $20.00. Mine have not loosened, haven't seen 100 mph yet, still breaking in but I kept the barend weights on and vibration is very small.

Speedy2

Okay, I took the overall advice and ordered bar end mirrors. Ordered the fleabay ones so if they don't work out, didn't spend too much. It'll be a project for one of my guys! thanks all.

Speedy2

Can anyone give me tips on how the bar end mirrors go on? I don't want to install them as bar ends but want to clamp them on. Does that make any sense? I know you guys are saying what the heck? I am a girl and don't quite understand these things? I only ride it, I don't work on it. Hee Hee.

I watched a few installation videos so now I get the general idea. Should I buy replacement barends?

Help!:confused: These are the ones I bot. I hope their not pieces of s**t!

Last edited:

FlyinB

I recently installed a set like these. I removed the new mirror bar end mounts from the mirrors, and sandwiched the mirrors between the bars and the weights using the existing weight mounts in the bars. I needed a washer to fill the slight gap between the mirrors and weights, (5/8 ht washer I think), and also a slightly longer bolts to make up for the added thickness of the mirror.

Ebay and nice qu
ality

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2

I got these mirrors and they are great looking but at higher speeds the mirror will fold in on itself so you end up looking at your chest instead of the road behind you. Anyone else have this issue?

F3NIX

You get what you pay for. If you buy from fleebay they will constantly be out of adjustment. But...u saved a couple hundred bucks. My crg mirrors were $119 each and another $20 each for the adapters. But they look incredible and dont bounce around :)

Sent from my phone

You get what you pay for. If you buy from fleebay they will constantly be out of adjustment. But...u saved a couple hundred bucks. My crg mirrors were $119 each and another $20 each for the adapters. But they look incredible and dont bounce around :)

Sent from my phone

Ya I know what you mean. The shitty thing is that only 1 mirror is folding, the other one seems fine at high speed.

Speedy2

So over the weekend, we installed my bar end mirrors. I wasn't totally sold on the look as it made my bike look wider. I took it for a ride and found that although I did have a little more field of view because of the convex mirrors I really didn't like where the mirrors are located. I found that I had to actually turn my head and look down into the mirrors to see behind me forcing me to take my eyes off the road. The stock mirrors are located exactly within my field of vision so I don't need to move my head only shift my eyes. I reinstalled my stock mirrors and will keep them.

Last edited:

MotoZen

So over the weekend, we installed my bar end mirrors. I wasn't totally sold on the look as it made my bike look wider. I took it for a ride and found that although I did have a little more field of view because of the convex mirrors I really didn't like where the mirrors are located. I found that I had to actually turn my head and look down into the mirrors to see behind me forcing me to take my eyes off the road. The stock mirrors are located exactly within my field of vision so I don't need to move my head only shift my eyes. I reinstalled my stock mirrors and will keep them.

I hear you. I feel the same way about the placement, but the stock mirrors were virtually unusable for me. I could only see my elbows unless I shifted my body to the side. This is such a common problem for sport bikes, I don't understand why they can't redesign them to make them work.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.