Navigation Apps?

chronos

Does anybody have any recommendations for Android (and iphone too if possible) where you can not only plot out a route but also get navigation as well?

I checked out RoadWarrior (android) which looks pretty good but it just launches whatever gps nav you use to each selected point rather than to navigate you through the whole route.

Im right next to the mountains in littleton colorado, there are a lot of nice twisty windy roads, but I don't know them very well and would prefer to have a good GPS/Nav app running in case I need it rather than having to stop repeatedly and dig it out.

thach1130

Google maps works very well. You can actually save maps for offline usage. Not the full map but a small area. A good free offline map program is MapFactor. It works using ads.

Sinooch

I just use google maps. It came on my G3 when i bought it and I've never had any issues with it. I actually prefer it to the iPhone app because it gives route changes according to traffic and other options if it catches a faster route and then asks you if you want to change the route. Its actually quite cool or at least i think so. I know its not what your asking but its still a pretty good gps regardless.

Flip

I also use Google maps and it works great, gives turn by turn directions straight to my Bluetooth helmet, I have a ram x grip phone mount so if I'm someplace unfamiliar I can glance down to see oncoming turns, Google maps works great in my opinion.

TorontoAlex

I also use the stock google navigation included with maps. When you search a place on Maps there is a "navigate" button, sometimes it's hidden but scroll down and hit it. It opens up a new "window" different than maps and navigates you turn by turn. Only thing I really hate about it is there's no way to have the screen turned off in between long stretches so it's a real battery killer. Screen gets hot.

dirtlego

Here is your app. You can download maps and it has voice guidance. ,... and yes the app is called "Here". Check it out.