My stock 2013 FZ8

charris247

I personally don't like the new paint job. The matte grey is fine but those strips kill the overall look.

Congrats on the bike though! once you remove those stickers it will look pretty sweet.

atx8

I'll be removing the stripes from my 2013 when it arrives. First mod lol. I will probably use a heat gun to soften up the adhesive.

cambo

Avid Rider
awesome dude! Love the black forks. Agree with you...stripe needs to go asap.

ah...stock muffler. I remember those days. So nice and quiet...sometimes I miss it haha.

Fuzzb8

I have the 2012 with matte paint. Has anyone else wondered why the rear fender is gloss black? Nothing else on the bike matches it. I have since painted mine satin black to kinda blend in with some leftover gold pinstripes from my wheels.

EtienneFZ8

I have the 2012 with matte paint. Has anyone else wondered why the rear fender is gloss black? Nothing else on the bike matches it. I have since painted mine satin black to kinda blend in with some leftover gold pinstripes from my wheels.

My guess is they recycled it from earlier years with the gloss paint job.

cambo

Avid Rider
do you mind sharing how much you got it for OTD? I keep feeling like I wayyy overpaid for my 2012 (that I got in 2013). I think I paid 9300 OTD

haha, Michael...if it makes you feel any better, I paid 10200 OTD with a 4 year warranty.

Edit: I had to confirm that and I was wrong...that's with a 2 year warranty...the 4 year would've put me near 12000.

Last edited:

EtienneFZ8

haha, Michael...if it makes you feel any better, I paid 10200 OTD with a 4 year warranty.

Edit: I had to confirm that and I was wrong...that's with a 2 year warranty...the 4 year would've put me near 12000.

MSRP here in Ca was 8890. I got it for 10,500 OTD w/ 4 year warranty. When I walked in the shop I was actually on the market for a wr250x/wr250r. Until I sat on the 8...:eek:

Dom83

lol, dude I'm with you on that! I have 2012 50th anniversary (white/red) and I bought a seat cowlwith the bike from dealer!

It came gloss black!!!!!....yamaha said that it was like thatfor 2012....now I had to get it paint