My Newest Creation. 300 blk AAC AR Pistol Theme Gun

jumb5150

Never really owned or let alone shoot a 300 blk out before or an AR pistol for that matter. But I was quite curios on what would one feel like so a couple of months ago, I started to plan my build. I did a lot of research on AR pistols and found that the shorter the barrel length the more troublesome it became. Of course I'm talking about 5.56. So I decided to go 300 blk out. I have build several rifles before. Most of them look good but I wanted to build myself something different. So I thought long and hard. What about a theme rifle? Great now im like paul senior and im the OCC of guns. But I was really inspired by one of the games I loved playing on the PC during the olden days. Half Life.....yes that game. Then I thought about the color scheme. Oh damn its gonna be orange. The damn thing is gonna look like a toy. $#% it!!! I'm gonna go for it. So started looking for which parts to use. I wanted something new something different. Another thing I wanted to accomplish was to show people in the community that even though Kalifornia gun laws suck, we actually have some great manufacturers locally. Like Broken Arms in San Jose, 2111 Arms in San Jose, Phase 5 in Lockeford, and RC refinishing in San Jose Some parts like the upper, from Northtech Defense, is manufactured in Oregon which is still in the West Coast.

I would also like to personally thank Mike from Broken Arms for the mill work done on the outside of the lower. It made it extra custom. Jason from 2111 Arms for giving me one of his comps for this project. And Tunis from Metal Dog Tactical for outfitting this pistol with gear from his shop. Without those guys, this project wouldn't be as custom as I'd like it to be.

And I just wanted to share my other passion with you fellow riders.

thach1130

Nice carbine. With color like that you could walk around with it and people would think it's a toy. Maybe paint the muzzle red? ^__^

Don't you just hate the 10 bullet maximum thing?

Last edited:

cambo

Avid Rider
dude, that is so bad ass. do you have a youtube channel or something of you firing all your awesome guns? I'd love to see that

Rotaryknight

I dont know about its accuracy with its 8.5" barrel but man, put a 3-9x40 scope like a nikon on that and it is so bad ass, or put an illuminated red dot sight. Love the color scheme.

The pistol buffer tube, is that basically a recoil shock?

Last edited:

pajkrubi

Very nice!

Rotaryknight, that's the buffer tube that all AR platform rifles have to have. It's basically the tube with the recoil spring in it and the bolt actually goes back into it a little bit too.

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
dude! How do you get away with doing stuff like that in CalifornistanCCP? That weapon is beautiful. Where do we see your other creations?

jumb5150

dude! How do you get away with doing stuff like that in CalifornistanCCP? That weapon is beautiful. Where do we see your other creations?

Kalifornia isn't that bad......yet. 10 rd magazine rule is crap and so is having some type of bullet button device for your gun. But during tactical training, we, civillians are allowed to shoot with 30 rd mags and disable are stupid magazine devices.

Here are some of what I've built.

jumb5150

dude, that is so bad ass. do you have a youtube channel or something of you firing all your awesome guns? I'd love to see that

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5Z1zZ7agM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5Z1zZ7agM[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCD6GpV1i8o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCD6GpV1i8o[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2c_mz557DM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2c_mz557DM[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqrrsjgCe3U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqrrsjgCe3U[/ame]

Last edited:

cambo

Avid Rider
geesus Christ Jumbo, what are you, ex-SOF? Black water? Swat? That's amazing...nice 50 cal shooting!

Your new title is "BAMF": Bad Ass Motha F*****

pajkrubi

Are they real NFA III rifles or do they just have the full/burst engraving on the lowers? Very nice work there. I'm wanting to do a nice AR build after the wife is done with school and we have a little extra money. I like the AR's a lot, and I want one bad, but at the heart I'm an AK buff. I also have a nice H&R M1 garand and a fairly rare SKS-M that was made by norinco in the 80's with an AK length barrel, a thumbhole stock (I'm not crazy about it but it's definitely unique) and it takes AK mags instead of the fixed 10 round mag.

Here's my cheap Romy AK that I refinished the wood, put on a real romanian surplus pistol grip and polished the bolt carrier. I wanted the "soviet red" wood and the polished carrier to give it the old school russian look. Also polished up the entire action and it went from being very rough to a very smooth operator that I can rack with my pinky.

And the SKS-M

And my pride and joy! I wouldn't part with this thing for ANYTHING!

Sorry for jacking your thread but firearms are my passion and I get all excited whenever a thread about them pops up. LOL

jumb5150

geesus Christ Jumbo, what are you, ex-SOF? Black water? Swat? That's amazing...nice 50 cal shooting!

Your new title is "BAMF": Bad Ass Motha F*****

Hahaha Nah. Im hardly a BAMF. I'm just an average joe and a weapons enthusiast that just became a builder. I learned this stuff using youtube then I got hooked up with a couple of local companies. Then I just started building more and more. I do have a few friends who are in the service and are also in private militaries across the world. Funny thing is, that I know more about weaponry than they do. Sometimes they just look at some of my weapons and just see a stapler.

jumb5150

Are they real NFA III rifles or do they just have the full/burst engraving on the lowers? Very nice work there. I'm wanting to do a nice AR build after the wife is done with school and we have a little extra money. I like the AR's a lot, and I want one bad, but at the heart I'm an AK buff. I also have a nice H&R M1 garand and a fairly rare SKS-M that was made by norinco in the 80's with an AK length barrel, a thumbhole stock (I'm not crazy about it but it's definitely unique) and it takes AK mags instead of the fixed 10 round mag.

Here's my cheap Romy AK that I refinished the wood, put on a real romanian surplus pistol grip and polished the bolt carrier. I wanted the "soviet red" wood and the polished carrier to give it the old school russian look. Also polished up the entire action and it went from being very rough to a very smooth operator that I can rack with my pinky.

And the SKS-M

And my pride and joy! I wouldn't part with this thing for ANYTHING!

Sorry for jacking your thread but firearms are my passion and I get all excited whenever a thread about them pops up. LOL

No worries. All weapons welcome here. Nice AK's btw. Haven't built one yet but will soon. Piston driven guns are facinating to me.

pajkrubi

Thank you! Yeah you gotta love the strength and reliability of a piston driven rifle. Yeah it can screw with the barrel harmonics and adds weight but how often do you see one stop running? Even neglected they're very reliable weapons and keep the fouling out of the chamber and bolt area. I'd love to build my own AK but to truly build one from a bare reciever you need a few fairly expensive tools to do the rivets and trunnions and it definitely takes a lot more skill than an AR which is just a few pins and springs. It's worth the tooling if you're gonna do several or even do saiga conversions but to just do one it's easier to just buy one or at least a complete reciever.

It also blows my mind how Kalifornia can be so anti gun and communist when I've met tons and tons of people from there that are into guns and hunting!?:confused: A lot of the gun types were from north cali though which I've heard is a whole different state.

jumb5150

There is a bit of skill involved with building ARs. Meaning knowing when to push that button on the CNC mill. To mill out our 80% receivers. That's how we keep our guns under wraps with the government. Completely legal just as long as u don't sell them. As far as aK's. We have build parties out here too for those and yes it's a lot more involving. Or better yet, build a Piston AR.

pajkrubi

Oh so you're actually BUILDING an AR! I thought you were just putting together stripped lowers and uppers with parts kits and then popping them together. Wow, so yeah an AK build wouldn't be squat for you guys then if you have that kind of skill and machinery. That's really awesome!

jumb5150

Oh so you're actually BUILDING an AR! I thought you were just putting together stripped lowers and uppers with parts kits and then popping them together. Wow, so yeah an AK build wouldn't be squat for you guys then if you have that kind of skill and machinery. That's really awesome!

The only thing we actually build are the lowers. My friend however created the comp that you see on this gun. (original post)

Woody146

Banned
Never really owned or let alone shoot a 300 blk out before or an AR pistol for that matter. But I was quite curios on what would one feel like so a couple of months ago, I started to plan my build. I did a lot of research on AR pistols and found that the shorter the barrel length the more troublesome it became. Of course I'm talking about 5.56. So I decided to go 300 blk out. I have build several rifles before. Most of them look good but I wanted to build myself something different. So I thought long and hard. What about a theme rifle? Great now im like paul senior and im the OCC of guns. But I was really inspired by one of the games I loved playing on the PC during the olden days. Half Life.....yes that game. Then I thought about the color scheme. Oh damn its gonna be orange. The damn thing is gonna look like a toy. $#% it!!! I'm gonna go for it. So started looking for which parts to use. I wanted something new something different. Another thing I wanted to accomplish was to show people in the community that even though Kalifornia gun laws suck, we actually have some great manufacturers locally. Like Broken Arms in San Jose, 2111 Arms in San Jose, Phase 5 in Lockeford, and RC refinishing in San Jose Some parts like the upper, from Northtech Defense, is manufactured in Oregon which is still in the West Coast.

I would also like to personally thank Mike from Broken Arms for the mill work done on the outside of the lower. It made it extra custom. Jason from 2111 Arms for giving me one of his comps for this project. And Tunis from Metal Dog Tactical for outfitting this pistol with gear from his shop. Without those guys, this project wouldn't be as custom as I'd like it to be.

And I just wanted to share my other passion with you fellow riders.

Doooope!!!! All it's missing is an sf giants logo