My 8, down :(

master paper clip

The key to group riding is the line, when in turns and where turns can pop up alwas been tought to stay in single file, only ride side by side or staggered when on wide open roads... I also keep a decent amount of distance between each rider if something does happen less a chance lf a chain reaction.... Sorry for your loss brother hope it all works out

TallGuyNW

Thanks all... With the physical therapy sessions I've been going to, my shoulder is healing nicely.

I got my check today from insurance. They did a good job with valuing the bike itself, and they reimbursed the full cost of my helmet and visor. They do not cover any gear other than the helmet because other gear is not required by law. Fortunately, there was little to no damage to my jacket, pants, gloves & boots anyway, so no loss there.

The aftermarket add-ons is another story. Most of the aftermarket parts were not reimbursable whatsoever, e.g. the motodynamic tail light, tank grips, bar-end mirrors, frame sliders didn't add a penny to the value of the bike. The $144 Givi windscreen added a whole $20. Definitely not what I was expecting and I will be talking to my agent soon.

MotoZen

I went down on my 3 week old 8 in the rain earlier this summer and had a similar scratch in the frame from the shifter. Thankfully, the adjuster was pretty cool about working with the shop to have it sanded down a bit and repainted, otherwise they would have totaled it. I have progressive and they have $3000 built into their policy for accessories. They replaced my helmet and gloves and would have replaced pretty much anything else that even had a scuff. I'm not sure if that covers bike accessories too, or just rider gear. I should probably ask that question.

Either way, glad to hear that you're recovering.