My 2013 won't start

9 Lives

I had a yamaha scooter that i let sit all winter without the battery being charged. I charged it up the first nice day i wanted to take her out and she ran fine untill i shut her off. The battery wouldnt hold a charge if its life depended on it. So I replaced the battery with a new one and it ran fine. Motorcycle batteries arent extremely expensive and it wouldnt hurt to replace it and see what happens. I'm not mechanically inclined by any means so take my advice with a grain of salt, I'm just speaking from past experience.

I think he meant to say his WIFE had a Yamaha scooter....;)

pnokio

Dsmith I'll try with a booster pack before changing it

I'll let you know...

Mannnn snow storm in Montreal :(

DSmith

Dsmith I'll try with a booster pack before changing it

I'll let you know...

Mannnn snow storm in Montreal :(

Good luck man. And i here ya, this winter is dragginnn this year. You guys probably got it worse then we do down here, but it seems like every time I go to pull the bike out we get another lil snow storm.

9 Lives

Hate to say this, but I went out for my first ride on Wednesday. It was sunny and about 13C here. Its supposed to be about the same on Sunday and I will be riding for sure.

pnokio

Update :

We took out spark plugs to see if they were flooded. Yes, they were, all black and they smell gas. I bought new plugs, drain the gas from the tank, put back some new fuel, cross our finger and it start :)

Thank you for your support, hope this thread help you.

JDZIII

warranty

I'll try to do it...

Btw, all paper works for warranty :) they ask me for an extansion? Should I?

Hell, I did. Lol extended 3 years, 300 bucks. Not bad for a peice of mind. Nation wide road service, trip interruption compensation, and they'll tow you to the nearest yamaha dealer and paymfor f he part. Its worth it. Check it out. I went with yamahas waranty.

pnokio

Hell, I did. Lol extended 3 years, 300 bucks. Not bad for a peice of mind. Nation wide road service, trip interruption compensation, and they'll tow you to the nearest yamaha dealer and paymfor f he part. Its worth it. Check it out. I went with yamahas waranty.

Here, it's 850$ for 3 years. For 300$, for sure I'll go for it but I'll think about it. This is my first bike, I'm just too exited to see it start :)

9 Lives

They look pretty black but if it was flooded just before you took them out they will look like that. The bike will run rich until its warmed up, unless you have an unburnt fuel smell when the bike is fully warmed up I wouldn't worry about it. If they were easier to remove I would suggest you look at them after you run the bike for a while but that's a but of a PITA.

pnokio

They look pretty black but if it was flooded just before you took them out they will look like that. The bike will run rich until its warmed up, unless you have an unburnt fuel smell when the bike is fully warmed up I wouldn't worry about it. If they were easier to remove I would suggest you look at them after you run the bike for a while but that's a but of a PITA.

Yes I took them out and they were soak in gas, I have a danmoto xg1 slip on... Can that be the cause of? Or maybe my air filter need to be change?

Thank you

MikeC

Weekend Rider
XG1 wouldn't cause your mixture to be rich - it would lean it out, however with the OEM filter and just a slip-on it wont impact it enough to foul your plugs.

bobbyb

lazy

I'd say that bike has been ridden way to slow, lugging in too high of gears. Corrosion on plug @ bottom of pic, nasty poor storage . Ride it hard, wind it up near red line once in a while when the road ahead is clear. DON'T baby it like last owner.
B

pnokio

I'll try to ride hard lol, I'm not the type...

Update:

My Fz8 start like a charm but we just did an oil change... Oil smell gas like hell, is it normal? Do I need to look somewhere else?

Thank you

Woody146

Banned
I'll try to ride hard lol, I'm not the type...

Update:

My Fz8 start like a charm but we just did an oil change... Oil smell gas like hell, is it normal? Do I need to look somewhere else?

Thank you

How many miles do you have? May be time for some servicing...

bikee4

When you trying to start it over and over again it could have had minor hydraulic lock and forced gas into the crankcase.