More whinning about my local yamaha dealership

MojoRisin

Give Yamaha a call directly and fill them in about what a shit time you're having with your local dealer.

I'm thinking they screwed me around for 5 weeks doing some minor unrelated BS waiting for my warranty to expire so they could charge me to fix it.

But honestly what will calling Yamaha and complaining accomplish?

V

Vapordan

What will it accomplish? Seriously? Yamaha cares about their reputation, Dealers care about their bottom line. A few people like you bad-mouthing the Yamaha brand on newsgroups is all it takes to start negatively affecting sales especially if the product is trying to gain traction in a new market (dealers don't care about that). Give them a call, be passionate about your complaint, sit back and watch some fireworks. Then come back here and post your experience for a group hug.

MojoRisin

What will it accomplish? Seriously? Yamaha cares about their reputation, Dealers care about their bottom line. A few people like you bad-mouthing the Yamaha brand on newsgroups is all it takes to start negatively affecting sales especially if the product is trying to gain traction in a new market (dealers don't care about that). Give them a call, be passionate about your complaint, sit back and watch some fireworks. Then come back here and post your experience for a group hug.

Bear with me again. Say this dealer lies and tells Yamaha that I am a pain in the butt and they don't want my business. At the end of the day I still have to do business with this dealership, reporting them to Yamaha could spoil this special relationship. :D

V

Vapordan

Bear with me again. Say this dealer lies and tells Yamaha that I am a pain in the butt and they don't want my business. At the end of the day I still have to do business with this dealership, reporting them to Yamaha could spoil this special relationship. :D

Look man, take a shot of whisky (the old black stuff sitting in the corner for a few months) let it bite, then go down there and have a discussion with the service manager.

If you have to deal with them again, blame your outburst on the whisky :). Other than that, go buy some vaseline. You're gonna need it.

Harrywz

You can always use the Yamaha facebook page and say how disappointed you are with what Yamaha is producing these days. MFG are quick to act on facebook complaints these days.

MojoRisin

Look man, take a shot of whisky (the old black stuff sitting in the corner for a few months) let it bite, then go down there and have a discussion with the service manager.

If you have to deal with them again, blame your outburst on the whisky :). Other than that, go buy some vaseline. You're gonna need it.

I just want the bike fixed so I can sell it. I'm done with Yamaha.

Email sent to Yamaha.

Last edited:
C

calscrazy

from a guy that works at a dealer. this is not a yamaha problem. its a dealer problem. yamaha just found out about the problem now that you finally decided to email them. something you should have done weeks ago. you would be suprised how fast a manufacturer will respond when a dealer calls them and says they need help with a problem. your problem is the dealer is a P.O.S. not the product.

MojoRisin

YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION U.S.A. Hi Brian. Sorry to hear about the frustrations. You can call our customer contact center at 800-962-7926. One of our customer service representatives will assist you. Thanks.

MojoRisin

I stopped at the dealer to drop off my bike last night and when I went in to the show room it was about 1/2 empty. I thought they were making room for next years models or something. Then I got to thinking it was too early for that. Then as I'm scanning the empty space I see a 4' x 8' piece of plywood covering the exterior wall. I went back outside and the same thing on the outside wall. Seems yesterday a guy came into the parking lot had a seizure or something coming into the parking lot and twisted the throttle full open. Went through their sign and wall right into the showroom and took out 12 brand new Yamahas including a 2012 FZ8. The guy was ok afterwards only suffered a broken clavicle.

MojoRisin