Miles Per Tank

Arkous

Hello. I recently bought a 2012 FZ8. I was wondering how many miles to the tank others are getting with this bike. I have been filling up when I get to the single bar on the fuel indicator and I am at around 105 miles on the trip odometer when I reach this point on the fuel indicator. Thanks for the input.

lyric911

Hello. I recently bought a 2012 FZ8. I was wondering how many miles to the tank others are getting with this bike. I have been filling up when I get to the single bar on the fuel indicator and I am at around 105 miles on the trip odometer when I reach this point on the fuel indicator. Thanks for the input.

I can do about 160 without getting nervous.

JRider

Once F trip comes on, not more than 35 miles. Gas gauge seems less consistant on multiple short trips and at 150 miles per tank it has never taken as much as 4 gallons.

C

Camo

I'm lucky to get much over 200km per tank...If I rode nicely I'd likely get a whole lot more but, I don't haha. I ride it like I stole it most of the time as my commute to work kicks off at 1:30am, no traffic and the cops are easy to spot.

H

Hoover

Around town, my F trip kicks at 125-130. On a long run, closer to 145.
I try to refill soon after it comes on as I do not like the idea of running the tank so low that it has a chance of sucking up some shit that may have sunk to the bottom of the tank.

lyric911

Around town, my F trip kicks at 125-130. On a long run, closer to 145.
I try to refill soon after it comes on as I do not like the idea of running the tank so low that it has a chance of sucking up some shit that may have sunk to the bottom of the tank.

Your fuel is supplied from the bottom of the tank the entire time. There's no problem with running the bike while it's low. I'll try to mspaint a diagram at work later.

lyric911

Your fuel is supplied from the bottom of the tank the entire time. There's no problem with running the bike while it's low. I'll try to mspaint a diagram at work later.

As you can see, the fuel comes from the same part of the tank. The same is true in your car. The fuel pump is at the bottom of the tank and draws from the bottom all the time. The sucking up sediment fear is a myth.

mikefz8

I filled up yesterday my 'Trip-A' read 129.7 miles my 'F-Trip' was 29.1 miles and I put in 4.115/gallons so I averaged 31.52/mpg on this last tank. :)

Last edited:

mikefz8

Sheesh. I'm averaging like 41 mpg.

Yes. I would like to be back up to that mpg average...my bike used to get that...I have it scheduled for maintenance at the dealer this coming week to figure out the problem. (hopefully)

mckshred

Getting around 44.9 on a short commute to work.
MPG has been improving as I approach 2k miles on the bike. Also, put on a Two Bros Carbon Slip On and removed the gold reducer and it's improved my mpg.

Recommended fuel:
Regular unleaded gasoline 91 or gasohol (E10)
Fuel tank capacity:
17.0 L (4.49 US gal, 3.74 Imp.gal)
Fuel reserve amount:
3.4 L (0.90 US gal, 0.75 Imp.gal)

use regular unleaded gasoline
with a research octane number of
91 or higher

If knocking (or pinging) occurs,
use a gasoline of a different brand
or premium unleaded fuel.

Last edited:

bobbyb

Brand new. Full tank from the dealer. 140 km, f trip on. A mix of city riding and pushing it hard(140 km/hr) for short bursts.
B

C

calscrazy

went for a cruise today. nothing crazy just out checking out some roads for safety and construction zones. put 128 miles on the bike and put 2.8 gallons in at first stop. the light wasnt even on yet. little better than my avg 41.