Me trying to keep up with a Super Tenere

cambo

Avid Rider
holy shit!

@3:18...close call! Someone almost got their dog sawed in two!

lol...pause @4:30. Like a BOSS.

Dude, thrilling video watch. I'd hate to be the lead guy on this road, traveling at that speed. That seemed like a great road to get some twisty action. But I wouldn't have the balls to ride it that fast. Way way too many blind corners and chances for a car or animal to pull out onto the road. But damn, looks like a great place to get rid of some chicken strips! Reminded me of Georgia.

Last edited:

cxa0897

Didn't seem all that bad for blind turns, especially if they were familiar with the area.

Definitely looked like a fun one though, wish there were more twisties around here. Gotta travel an hour or more for anything worthwhile

cambo

Avid Rider
Didn't seem all that bad for blind turns, especially if they were familiar with the area.

Definitely looked like a fun one though, wish there were more twisties around here. Gotta travel an hour or more for anything worthwhile

haha yeah you're right, I guess for me and my vagina those are blind turns lol. I have the reaction speed of a 99 year old woman.

:wav::wav::wav::wav::wav::wav::wav::wav::wav::wav::wav::wav:

ssky0078

Nice video. To help with the rattling of your GoPro (I'm guessing). try putting some toilet paper or other sound absorbent material in there. The Go Pro mic opening is on the bottom left side I think, which the other thing is you can put sound absorbing foam, think old walkman headphone foam, over the mic opening to pick up the chatter and give cleaner sound.

I don't get why you said "trying to keep up". You were doing alright, the only difference I could tell is the Tenere was getting on the drive sooner coming out of the corner, just made it seem like he was going faster.

I love roads like that, and Cambo, I think I've finally figured out where all your love comes from. You just may be an 80 year old woman, and like all grandmas you love everybody. Cambo once you get riding down and start looking through the corners it really isn't that bad. I need to edit my video from my CO trip, I was doing the same kind of speeds in the rain with 200 foot drop offs on the side. Trust the motorcycle, it's a lot more capable than you are.

cxa0897

I'm still pretty new to riding myself, but I know that until I start grinding pegs (or more in some cases), just keep on the throttle, lean and I'll get out of the turn. The bike is capable of a lot more than we need in most cases. It is the rider that makes the mistake.

ssky0078

I'm still pretty new to riding myself, but I know that until I start grinding pegs (or more in some cases), just keep on the throttle, lean and I'll get out of the turn. The bike is capable of a lot more than we need in most cases. It is the rider that makes the mistake.

So true, I've only ground peg once. However I will more often than not hang off the bike and keep it more upright when sport riding on the street. I do it because I would like to have 20 degrees more to lean the bike over in case something comes into my path, rather than only 5 degrees left to lean the bike over in case something comes in my path.

Also I will say after my first crash in which I was trying to stay in the seat and lean the bike over, when I hit the gravel, that is what really upset me and almost threw me off the bike high side when I regained traction. I was going 25 mph. A couple months after I was on the street and took a right hander going about 30-35 and went over a smooth manhole cover, both wheels slid out, but I was hanging off the bike and basically since I was on the balls of my feet and not just sitting in the seat, the bike just wobbled a little when it regained traction and I was fine, I was back on throttle and gone.

master paper clip

Tell me about it, New Jersey is to flat, but I find nice roads all the time when I head up north ad adventure around.... Where u located at, I wanna get back up north 1 more time before it gets really cold

Rotaryknight

I grind my pegs on turns most of the time when I get aggressive. When I start grinding I try and lift some weight off that peg so I can turn in sharper. The bad thing about doing that is that it has a higher chance of catching into a small hole in the road and possibly high siding me.

That road looks damn fun to ride on. PA has roads like this but, they are all mostly an hour or so away from me into the mountains : /

cxa0897

Tell me about it, New Jersey is to flat, but I find nice roads all the time when I head up north ad adventure around.... Where u located at, I wanna get back up north 1 more time before it gets really cold

I'm in old bridge right now, exit 120 on the parkway.

I have off every sunday in october, I would definitely be game for a nice ride if the weather holds out. I also want to hear your exhaust, I just picked up the carbon gt and am quite curious as to how it compares with the tex.

watt7044

This was the first time I had been to these roads, the guy on the Tenere does a lot of track riding and purchased the Tenere a few month ago to do a little more touring. I was actually terrified as I didn't know what to expect so I did try to stay away from him a little. (just in case). What I didn't show yet were the video of the first pass down that road. I had no less than 4 "near misses" because I was watching him too much. After a pass or two, I got calmed down. I was also upset with the vibration in the camera, I put the open back cover on it and it obviously doesn't fit as tight. Lastly, I thought the trip would help get rid of those chicken strips as well, but I still have a little left. My saying now is that "if you see chicken strips, then I have that much extra insurance".......stay tuned and I will post the others.......
Ronnie

watt7044

Yea, took us an hour to get there......made a 250 mile round trip that day...