Make stock rear signals running lights with motodynamic tail

FastZ8

Can it be done? I'm gona buy a motodynamic but I want to keep my stock rear signals and wire them as running lights? I was thinking maybe I could wire them to the taillight wires but will that affect the motodynamic since its led and probably has diodes?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
I don't see that working. The factory rear signals are not running lights. Besides, the taillight already will be lit, you're not accomplishing anything by hooking it up differently.

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2

thach1130

It will not affect the motodynamic tail light. You can tap into the license plate light to power rear turn signal as running lights. However, i'm not sure the rear turn signal are rated for 100% duty cycle i.e. on all the time. The front one might because it is a dual filament bulb with one main filament rated for 100% duty cycle.

I found this out the hard way because i used a LED bulb normally used as a reverse light. I used the LED for the headlight parking light mod. Damn bulb wasn't rated for continuous use and completely melted within the parking light socket.