Losing license for speed ticket

Speedo007

A guy got caught near here yesterday, 234km/h on a secondary road (90km/h speed limit). Lost his license for 2 years, 2800$ in fines and will see his insurances and drivers license fees sky rocket when he's able to drive again (so for 2 years the guy can't ride a bike OR car...).

I know consequences vary a lot from country to country, but just a reminder it can happen to all of us, and that Fz8 is certainly capable of landing us a nice fat ticket. Ride safe.

Thebijmaster

wow... that is unfortunate. Around my parts tripling the speed limit gets a permanent revocation of license, but I'm not sure how lenient they are on the appeals process.

here in ontario once your 50 km/h over the speed limit you get charged with racing or stunting ... and they take your drivers license and impound your car right on the spot!!

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
Ouch! That is quite a fine and penalty.

30km/h over the limit is grounds of reckless driving ($1700 fine). Over 160km/h is considered felonous (if I recall correctly) and grounds for suspension of license and time in the brig.

At 235km/h, I'm suprised the person bothered pulling over or even noticed that he was being pursued.

Speedo007

he didnt notice he had been caught at radar. They just stopped him at the next red light.
Sometimes I wish I could set the top speed on my bike lol!

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
Anyone who does that speed on a public road,especially in a 90 zone should be banned from driving for a lot more than 2 years IMHO.