Looming government shutdown

thach1130

Just out of curiosity how many of us here are at risk of being furlough at the beginning of the next fiscal year? I recall seeing a lot of Feds employees on here.

Me personally, my department have reserve supply of money for situation like this and we will be continuing operation temporarily, possibly 2 weeks worth. We work on production style so we have deadline which are not acceptable to clients if we are furlough. Also our agency are fee funded so it's also the reason why we have a small budget set aside for continuing operation.

I wouldn't mind the unpaid leave, i'll just take it as a small vacation because it's a little relaxation from the constant onslaught of production quota but i know if this last long it will definitely put a slump on the holidays.

n00b

Avid Rider
won't affect me - private sector small business. Traffic will be lighter (sorry, totally selfish - probably not a good topic to joke about).

Rotaryknight

I dont havent worked a government job but I used to work in ship building as a welder on oil tankers and I was on furlough for a year until they called me back, but by then I was tired of waiting and got another job, when they called me back it was too late.

won't affect me - private sector small business. Traffic will be lighter (sorry, totally selfish - probably not a good topic to joke about).

When gas was going up to record high, I was wishing it would stay up there so there would be less cars on the road :D