Longest Ride in one Day

watt7044

Just curious how long you have ridden your 8 in one day. While still a comfortable bike, I am spent after about 200 miles...

Bajaedition

it is not uncommom for me to do a 250 mile trip once a month.
Union meeting is 125 miles from me.
I got a cobin seat, nice seat, fit and finish is fantastic, comfy
Night and day difference from my stock seat

Marthy

1550 miles on my 6R in 23:35 hrs. Thats a whole different ball game! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

master paper clip

Did 500mi just the other day 5:30am till 8:30pm and I'm still on the stocker, key is to keep moving around, any body part u can move, move it allows u to ride so much longer, sitting still is horrible for u if u wanna cover some distance

watt7044

Did 500mi just the other day 5:30am till 8:30pm and I'm still on the stocker, key is to keep moving around, any body part u can move, move it allows u to ride so much longer, sitting still is horrible for u if u wanna cover some distance

Yea. Toward the end I spent more time standing on the pegs. Biggest problem for me it the buzzy engine at about 6k. Roads aren't to bad but interstate at 75mph will put my hands to sleep. Thinking about changing grips. It wasn't as bad till I remover the bar end weights and installed the lever guards, best I can remember.

cxa0897

300 and change. No discomfort to speak of. I am young and conditioned to sitting in kayaks for hours though, so take it for what it's worth

Rotaryknight

I did 400 miles in 8 hours. It wasnt as tiring as I thought, my ass wasnt as sore. The stock seat for me was comfortable, the problem was my back lol. I had to switch from sitting straight to leaning forward as possible resting on my tank bag to stretch out my back. I also had to stretch my legs so while riding I would periodically put my foot on top of the frame sliders. I could probably ride another 200 miles if I had to.

master paper clip

Yea. Toward the end I spent more time standing on the pegs. Biggest problem for me it the buzzy engine at about 6k. Roads aren't to bad but interstate at 75mph will put my hands to sleep. Thinking about changing grips. It wasn't as bad till I remover the bar end weights and installed the lever guards, best I can remember.

U can change the grips but without the bAr weight your probably still gonna have vibrations, that what bar ends are for they dampen vibrations

decooney

267 miles up in NorCal up and down California Highway 1 in July and 280 miles in the twisty mountains of NorCal two weeks ago on the FZ8. In both cases, lots of turns and elevation changes.

I wore gel padded shorts with a few 5 minute fuel/beverage stops of course. Each time, anything over 220 miles my rump and lower back really started getting pretty sore. The fun limit for me on the FZ8 seems to stop after 200 miles all in the same day on a stock seat.

ssky0078

first off I have the Fz1 Streetfighter.

Longest day I put in was 470 miles Scottsdale to Durango and 430 miles Scottsdale to Malibu. I take breaks every hundred miles for gas. After about 30-40 miles I will stand on the pegs and ride for about a mile (a little sketchy at 80 mph but necessary). I will rest my legs on the frame sliders or even sometime swing my legs all the way up on to the gas tank (stunter style)

As for the wind protection and seat, that probably keeps me at 400 miles comfortably in one day. I think with an FJR or something else of that nature I could get up to 600, maybe 800.

Hellgate

852 miles, Denver to Phoenix, on my '81 GS1100EX back in the 55 mph days. 62 mph was about as fast a one could go and not get a ticket. God that went on forever!

I've done 550 on both the FZ1 and the Tuono.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Marthy

first off I have the Fz1 Streetfighter.

Longest day I put in was 470 miles Scottsdale to Durango and 430 miles Scottsdale to Malibu. I take breaks every hundred miles for gas. After about 30-40 miles I will stand on the pegs and ride for about a mile (a little sketchy at 80 mph but necessary). I will rest my legs on the frame sliders or even sometime swing my legs all the way up on to the gas tank (stunter style)

As for the wind protection and seat, that probably keeps me at 400 miles comfortably in one day. I think with an FJR or something else of that nature I could get up to 600, maybe 800.

As weird as it might sound, I like to put my feet on the rear pegs sometime. It change the pressure point on your bump. I kind of do it every now and then for few miles just to let my a$$ breath a bit.

At the end of the day... once you pass 300 mile sin a day, it hurt no mater what. It all come down to get use to it until your ass get numb...LOL

My wife should be able to drive again very soon... no more taxi cab driver duty for me! So I'll be able to leave for few days on the cycle.

PNUT

San Diego to Phoenix and then back two days later. Wasn't bad with stock seat butt just got Numb, no pain.

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
1042 miles in 22 hrs. Jacksonville to New Orleans to Lake City. Left Jax at 3am, got to Lake City at 1am. I was using a shad seat. I highly recommend it. I especially recommend it to anyone wanting to do an Iron Butt ride.
Iron Butt Website

bobbyb

500 miles and a bit, 10+ hrs. stops for gas, do your stretches , move around on the bike a bit. 60 yrs old I train Tae Kwon Do the last 25 years
B