license plate bracket

Shanerc34

so I am going to install the integrated taillight on my Fz8... so I'm going to be taking off the fender so do I need to buy a separate license plate bracket or can the stock one work? this might be a stupid question but I'm pretty new to this whole deal and if I have to order a bracket I want to make sure I get it at the same time that my fender eliminator integrated tail lights come Thx!!

Ryandi2

so I am going to install the integrated taillight on my Fz8... so I'm going to be taking off the fender so do I need to buy a separate license plate bracket or can the stock one work? this might be a stupid question but I'm pretty new to this whole deal and if I have to order a bracket I want to make sure I get it at the same time that my fender eliminator integrated tail lights come Thx!!

Well i ordered the yoshimura bracket. Great product, came with everything needed.. the only thing you reuse is the turn signals. the bracket comes with its own plate light, and very easy to install.. just make sure you buy good HEAT shrink butt connectors. instead of the ones they supplied.

Shanerc34

well I'm ordering the integrated tail lights that have the blinker directly in the tail lights I believe it's from moto dynamic... so all I need is the plate bracket with the light so I'll have to check and see if they just sell the place itself without the turn signals..

Ryandi2

i know with my bracket you didnt have to put the turn signal brackets on the main part..but not sure with yours..

n00b

Avid Rider
I just made my own little brackets from aluminum. Used the 4 holes left when I took the fender stuff out. Used the front set of holes for the license plate, the back set for the original factory light. My license plate bracket is not 90*, so the license plate is slanted away from the tire. Probably 500 miles on this setup with no clearance issues so far. My bike is standard height on stock suspension, and I'm 170 lbs.

Fazer401

I just made one too, I used a piece of L shaped aluminum- 2 holes on top for bolts from tail, 2 bolts on front for plate. I didn't wanna spring for the Yoshimura kit, especially since like you said the taillight has the blinkers in it. There's a nice looking bracket on eBay for I think $25 that has the light for the plate but no side tabs for blinkers perfect for integrated tail, or you could always use those license plate bolts with led lights right in them but then you have the wires. I like the one on eBay myself for the price. The big name "fender eliminator kits" (that's what you call an overpriced plate bracket lol) are just too pricey- $100 for a super simple piece of metal with no moving parts? No thanks, that's just my .2 but hey. I also taped off the front of the plate leaving a border all around and PlastiDipped the whole thing, the whole back and the edges of the front, then peel off the tape, it looks sharp if I may say so. It's really hard to find a motorcycle plate frame or cover I guess because the holes are not standardized or something.

cpatt

i made my own out of 2 L brackets and parts from the original one. cost me all of like 5$ needed to drill out the l brackets so proper bolts fit and stuff. and i still need to paint it but looks fine for now.