Lemon Pledge on your bike?

xXAvroArrowXx

I've been looking around to figure what spray cleaner & wax type product to pick up as the last of my original formula Honda Spray Cleaner & Wax is all used up. I've trolled around and checked. It seems that lots swear by Lemon Pledge Furniture Polish, particularly the guys on the Harley Forums. Knowing how Harley owners generally like shine & polish I'm thinking I'm going to pick up a can today. Any thoughts? Do any here use it?

Avro
2011 Yamaha FZ8
2009 Kawasaki ER-6n (SOLD)

xXAvroArrowXx

I've been looking around to figure what spray cleaner & wax type product to pick up as the last of my original formula Honda Spray Cleaner & Wax is all used up. I've trolled around and checked. It seems that lots swear by Lemon Pledge Furniture Polish, particularly the guys on the Harley Forums. Knowing how Harley owners generally like shine & polish I'm thinking I'm going to pick up a can today. Any thoughts? Do any here use it?

Avro
2011 Yamaha FZ8

Avro
2011 Yamaha FZ8

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
I use that on my face shield and it always makes it look brand new. I have seen Pledge commercials that state/show that you can use it on your bike. I have heard this before, so it isn't too strange. It is really going to be like spray detailer, not really going to last long as a good waxing. Give it a shot, and if it doesn't work, you have a can that you can use to dust your house :D

black8

I use it furniture polish on mine aswell gets rid of the bugs easy and a nice shine too

Trooper

I use it all the time, and have sworn by it for many years. It just pisses my wife off that I keep stealing it for my bike and then she has none left for the furniture.:D

rug_burn

I used that stuff too but my wife got wise, and stole it back as soon as I left it unattended in the garage. What works just as well is a product called Wax-As-U-Dry, by Eagle One (available at your nearest auto parts retailer...) It is maybe a little heavier on the waxes, a little lighter on the cleaners and the wife has no interest in it.

decooney

I don't use it, and originally did not believe it myself, but have a friend who swears by it. They use it on ultra high-end piano black paint finishes for Concours grade show cars. I've never tried it on my own cars, but I guess if it does not hurt soft wood finish and clear coated wood furniture finishes, might be worth a try. Not so sure about using it on flat finishes though like on my Gray FZ8 tank. Maybe on the Gloss back paint scheme I'd try it. Let us know how it goes with the before and after results. :sinister:

xXAvroArrowXx

I don't use it, and originally did not believe it myself, but have a friend who swears by it. They use it on ultra high-end piano black paint finishes for Concours grade show cars. I've never tried it on my own cars, but I guess if it does not hurt soft wood finish and clear coated wood furniture finishes, might be worth a try. Not so sure about using it on flat finishes though like on my Gray FZ8 tank. Maybe on the Gloss back paint scheme I'd try it. Let us know how it goes with the before and after results. :sinister:

I got my wife to pick up a can today. Oh. My. Word. It goes down like the old formula Honda Spray Cleaner and wipe off nice (use a microfibre cloth) I'm sold on it completely. Try it.

Avro
2011 Yamaha FZ8

socal

Is the bike made out of wood? since the bike has a matte finish a matte detailing spray should be used.

Last edited:

xXAvroArrowXx

+1. I got a non-current 2011 in 2012 just to get it in Raven Black. (Also the steep discount helped in the decision process 😁)

Avro
2011 Yamaha FZ8

9 Lives

Well I just tried the pledge and it does work as well as anything else I have tried at half the price of the stuff you buy at a bike shop, plus the bike has a nice lemony sent.

PNUT

I just ordered some of this for My Matte Grey
Wizards Wipe Down Matte Paint Detailer

I'll let you know how it works.

socal

+1. I got a non-current 2011 in 2012 just to get it in Raven Black. (Also the steep discount helped in the decision process 😁)

Avro
2011 Yamaha FZ8

cool choice, but why not use detailing spray? doesnt lemon stuff have and oil base?

xXAvroArrowXx

As does other spray cleaners & wax. I think I'm going back to Honda Spray Cleaner & Wax though. Pledge comes out looking same, but HSC&W takes less buffing.

Avro
2011 Yamaha FZ8