LED Turn Signal/Parking Light/Scratch Built Fender Elim/LED Licence Plate

xXAvroArrowXx

So I went and scratch built a custom fender eliminator. I 3D designed it with Autodesk Inventor, and built from end-cuts and scrap aviation grade aluminum extrusion/plate (I work in the Aviation industry). I bought the LED turn signals ($40), LED Licence Plate Bolts ($4), 194 style 42 SMLED bulb ($1.70) off Ebay, and picked up the Gen2 TST Industries Flash Relay direct from the MFG ($25 shipped). My thoughts on the signals/plate bolts/SMLED bulb are: they're super bright, excellent quality and very good value. I went with the Flash Relay to correct the "hyper flash" induced by the LED Signal Lights in place of OEM incandescent bulbs because 1) its direct plug and play with the OEM relay 2) a more professional clean install compared to splicing resistors inline to rectify 3) eliminates the issue of finding a location to stuff the resistors in your tail section and lastly, considering you'd need 2 resistors, the cost is very comparable.

Here's the link for the TST Industries Flash Relay I used: Honda CBR 1000RR 2004 - 2007

Pretty good bang for the buck. The all the sellers shown in the Ebay screen shots I've attached are the ones I purchased from. Their product is good. Downside is it all comes from Hong Kong on the slow boat - so expect to wait about a month for the items to come. I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Last edited:
F

Fazed

Would you mind sharing the drawing with dimensions? I understand if you don't want to. I have access to scrap aluminium and would like to make the same thing. Did you paint or powder coat it? I really love the look.

n8kdfz8

Sweet look man! I like the front light u installed above headlight! i gotta get around to doing that too. it's funny how yamaha didn't put the light in there....

xXAvroArrowXx

Would you mind sharing the drawing with dimensions? I understand if you don't want to. I have access to scrap aluminium and would like to make the same thing. Did you paint or powder coat it? I really love the look.

Sorry it took so long... :(

shadowman

Very tidy! I've been wanting to do this myself. (I've already ordered the LED licence bolts) I'm a cheap bugger, and I don't feel like paying rthe money they want for a fender eliminator. Your drawings will come in very handy. Thanks again.

Mada

hey man thank u so much for the post but would u plz post how did u wire everything specially the headlight part i really need it