led tail light w/flasher problem

lancercanada

So im having a problem. I got a intergrated led tail light and now I wanna put the flasher in it cause ppl dont really look at brake lights so I figure I pit something that will flash in there face. The problem im having is tha it doesnt want to work. When the parking light is off it wil work but once I plug in the wire for the parking light it wont flash but the brake light will work. I tryed using 2 of them nut still no work.

I read that some ppl use a capasitor but I doesnt say what kind they use. Anyome eles do this mod?

master paper clip

Did your brake light and blinker work before u installed it? I would Double check your wiring... Still nothing then send it back cause it's probably a defect

lancercanada

yes they all worked. i bought 2 flashers cause when i did my buddies on a 06 honda cb599 hornet and changed his light to led it worked. but for some reason on mine it doesnt.

my tail light has 5 wires
2 for signail (yellow)
1 ground (black)
1 power parking light (red)
1 brake light (blue)

on the flasher (good for 12v and 16v)

in red (power) black (ground)
out red(power) black (ground)

ive also read online that ppl use diodes but they dont say the size. now im just waiting for kapsco to see what they say

RoadKill

if you have front led lights you will need to use resistors on each side or the motodynamic tail light will not work. maybe this light is the same? resistors not diodes. resistors put a load on a circut simulating a stronger bulb than a LED. diodes only let a current flow one way.

RoadKill

without a resistor, your signals will work but they will flash faster. and the tail light wont work correctly.

lancercanada

I have resistors on my signals already. I had to put them on when I change all my turning signals to led. They blink at regular speed

lancercanada

So after 2 days of trying to figure out how to make this work with the signals and stuff. I fix it with a Diode. You can buy this at any electronic store part# is (1N4001). Just put the diode on the red wire going out on the flasher modular. Works awsome.

Thanks for everyone suggestion

FastZ8

So after 2 days of trying to figure out how to make this work with the signals and stuff. I fix it with a Diode. You can buy this at any electronic store part# is (1N4001). Just put the diode on the red wire going out on the flasher modular. Works awsome.

Thanks for everyone suggestion

I'm having the same issue...I have a motodynamic tail and l.e.d front signals and the fronts work perfectly but it makes the motodynamic signals flash weird...so u say u fixed this problem with a diode or a resistor and if so where and how much did u get it for? Thanks