Larger windscreen for Fazer8 2012

1eejohnson101

Hi all,

Does anyone know if you can buy a larger windscreen to replace the stock one on the 2012 Fazer8 ?

Has anyone done this and what was the result ?

Thanks

Lee

slowkey

yamaha sells one. It is a couple inches bigger and makes a difference on air flow.

I know because I have it

Evan

I just picked up an MRA screen with the adjustable splitter. Very please with the look and performance--completely functional and deflects the wind just above the chest for a nice flow across your neckline. Photos attached!
View attachment 2459
View attachment 2460

Last edited:

BigOleChalupa

Xcreen.....

I had an MRA Touring screen plus an Xcreen add on spoiler with my last bike( Versys) and that was an amaaaazing screen.
Basically like the Vario in the previous post, but bigger.
Cheers,
BIGO

b8ppj

I have the touring Yamaha screen and find it less wind onto your chest but a trade off as you get more wind noise , i use it on longer trips but revert to the standard screen on short trips

slowkey

yeah I like the windshield. I do a lot of hiway driving and it made a big difference in the buffeting. The second photo should give you some size perspective in relation to stock mirrors

Fazerboy66

I may have what you want!

Lee, i've got a second hand Taller screen off my FZ8 2011 Fazer, the guys before me fitted a taller screen. Its great on the motorway but I opted for a smaller standard OEM screen.
where in herts are you?
Andy

Robcat

Well I have the double bubble puig screen and get whacked in the neck and onto my shoulders with wind blast, which also makes a bit of turbulence around the stomach area.
Also a givi touring screen and that now saves the shoulders, neck and keeps the air calm around the body but chuff me, its one hell of a noisey ride as all the air pressure hits you face on.

Still looking for that holy grail of a screen.

BigOleChalupa

Well I have the double bubble puig screen and get whacked in the neck and onto my shoulders with wind blast, which also makes a bit of turbulence around the stomach area.
Also a givi touring screen and that now saves the shoulders, neck and keeps the air calm around the body but chuff me, its one hell of a noisey ride as all the air pressure hits you face on.

Still looking for that holy grail of a screen.
Coming from a Versys, which has brutal buffeting, I totally Understand where you're at...lol...
Is this the Givi you have? Could you post a pic or 2 of it on your bike? Thanks!
B.O.C.

HenryT

Yamaha makes one they say is an easy bolt on for the FZ8, anybody use that one? They call it a Fly Screen.

Last edited:

HenryT

Thats for the FZ8........We're talking about the Fazer 8 here on this thread.
B.O.C.
Sorry mate, your right! Something was making me think it was the same bike, but I see that bike has a frame mounted fairing now. Still learning the bikes LOL hope to get one (FZ8)within the next year. Are the Fazers non USA bikes?