l.e.d. fron signals with motodynamic tail

FastZ8

I just put a motodynamic tail and I bought front signals but when I put them in they worked good but my signals on my motodynamic don't blink right with them installed...do I need diods or what anyone know?

thach1130

You mean the sequential turn signal right? You need a flasher module that works with led.

The module is under the passenger seat near the loom of wires leading to the rear plate light.

FastZ8

You mean the sequential turn signal right? You need a flasher module that works with led.

The module is under the passenger seat near the loom of wires leading to the rear plate light.

Yeah the sequential signals work perfect with the stock front signals until I hook up the front l.e.d's and then they don't work properly but the l.e.d. lights on the front work great but the motodynamic is what it messes up...so are you saying I need a different module for the front and if so where do I get one?

Last edited:

thach1130

Yeah the sequential signals work perfect with the stock front signals until I hook up the front l.e.d's and then they don't work properly but the l.e.d. lights on the front work great but the motodynamic is what it messes up...so are you saying I need a different module for the front and if so where do I get one?

No both front and rear share the same module/relay for blinking. When you had the front LED installed you still had the OEM turn signal from the rear which provided enough resistance for it to work normally. Now that you added a rear LED turn signal for the rear, there isn't enough resistance to operate the flasher properly which cause rapid blinking. It's worse for the rear because the rear motodynamic is sequential meaning it will animate the direction of turning by sequentially turning the led on one after another in the direction of turn. But the rapid blinking cause the rear turn sign to reset the turn signal before the sequence finish.

Why put power resistor inline when you can fix it with a proper flasher relay. Some of them you can adjust how fast you'd like the flashing rate.

Part listed here. Only need one which is used by both front and rear. It's plug and play.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Flasher...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43afb693be&vxp=mtr

FastZ8

just put resistors in Western Power Sports Turn Signal Resistor Kit - Motorcycle Superstore

I installed these when i installed my motodynamic with front LED's.
You need them for everything to work with front LED's.

Alot of people keep telling me I can get resistors cheap at radio shack and they will work fine.Ive read on countless forums where others have done it but im not sure which ones I need or where to wire them in at.I suppose I could just order the flasher or resistors but im very impaitent and would like to have these fitted to the bike.

FastZ8

I read on the Suzuki forum that I can use 8ohm 20 watt resistors or 10ohm 20 watt resistors in line with both front signals and they will work...what do you guys think abt this...I would love a quick fix because at the moment my headlight is took apart and i would like to put it back together.

Fuzzb8

I have the same setup on my bike. Just bought one of the flasher relays from ebay that has been talked about above ^^ plug and play no wire splicing business and easy to revert to stock. Best way to do it. :cool:

RoadKill

I didn't know about the relay when i did mine, but it looks like a better way. I would go with that one now.

thach1130

I read on the Suzuki forum that I can use 8ohm 20 watt resistors or 10ohm 20 watt resistors in line with both front signals and they will work...what do you guys think abt this...I would love a quick fix because at the moment my headlight is took apart and i would like to put it back together.

Put it back together and get the flasher relay. It's installed under the rear seat and you don't need to tamper with the headlight anymore. If you're still riding and still have the mudguard/rear signal installed, you could plug in the rear turn signal and that should keep everything running until the relay arrive. Leave the turn signal wire of the motodynamic light unplugged until the relay come.

FastZ8

I didn't know about the relay when i did mine, but it looks like a better way. I would go with that one now.

So do you have resistors? I hooked mine up with resistors just to see how they look and if I like them and they work great I'm just worried about rain or water getting to the resistors so I will probably order the relay and hook them up that way when it comes in.

FastZ8

No both front and rear share the same module/relay for blinking. When you had the front LED installed you still had the OEM turn signal from the rear which provided enough resistance for it to work normally. Now that you added a rear LED turn signal for the rear, there isn't enough resistance to operate the flasher properly which cause rapid blinking. It's worse for the rear because the rear motodynamic is sequential meaning it will animate the direction of turning by sequentially turning the led on one after another in the direction of turn. But the rapid blinking cause the rear turn sign to reset the turn signal before the sequence finish.

Why put power resistor inline when you can fix it with a proper flasher relay. Some of them you can adjust how fast you'd like the flashing rate.

Part listed here. Only need one which is used by both front and rear. It's plug and play.

LED Flasher Relay Slows Signal Rate Yamaha FZ6R FZ1 FZ8 FJR1300 Seca | eBay

So this relay will 100% work just so I'm sure I'm not ordering the wrong part? As soon as I get a reply I will be placing an order for one of these...thanks for all the help.

RoadKill

So do you have resistors? I hooked mine up with resistors just to see how they look and if I like them and they work great I'm just worried about rain or water getting to the resistors so I will probably order the relay and hook them up that way when it comes in.

yeah ive been using the resistors for about a year now. they are not plug and play and the relays can adjust the speed which is kinda cool. thats the only reasons i would say they are better. im not worried about hooking up stock signals again, i threw them in the garbage.

thach1130

So this relay will 100% work just so I'm sure I'm not ordering the wrong part? As soon as I get a reply I will be placing an order for one of these...thanks for all the help.

Yes, it will work, the ebay listing even list the fz8 in the title. It is the same one installed on my bike.

F3NIX

The relay costs 20 bucks and takes 1 minute to install. The resistors cost you 5 bucks and take 20 mins (minimum) if you do it right. Think about it....works, sealed relay or resistors, soldering, shrink wrap.

I added my own rear led lights and if I had known that I could just plug something in I woukd have.

My 2 cents