Kriega US Tank Bag Adapter?

decooney

Would like to hear from anyone who has installed the Kriega US Tank Bag Adapter system on to your FZ8. Plan to move my US10 bag from tail to tank, and keep my US20 on the tail so I can wear a Kriega backpack too.

- photos? velcro or hook straps?

decooney

Think I found the answer. Thanks anyhow.

Found the answer on the Triumph Tiger site for anyone interested. I'm using mine for a trip vs. daily on/off use. I think the US5 or US10 Kriega bag will be just right on the tank of an FZ8. The US20 would likely be too large for the tank. Some people seem to like this setup, while others don't. It does offer a quick-disconnect for fuel stops. Will have to check handlebar clearance though once I get it on the bike.

Adapter straps appear to be connected fore/aft, and the bag mounting straps appear to loop through though the tank adapter sideways and up around to the clips on the Kriega US bag, like this. Two helpful pics:

Last edited:

Bajaedition

problem could be the front of the tank has that air intake. I have an older tank bag, and have tried to use it on the FZ8 and found it blocks that intake. So I am looking for a smaller bag myself that would not cover.

decooney

Baja,

That's a really good point, thanks for bringing it up. I am undecided to order it, try it, and send it back if it does not work. The other issue is not being able to locate the adapter piece back far enough away from the air intake duct, then having the bag teetering on the flat part an downward slope of the tank.

To make it work, I might have to trim the adapter material up front, and part of the bag hanging off of the top flat part of the tank towards the rider. Perhaps this is why we don't see Kriega US10 bags mounted with this adapter on FZ8 tanks! :LOL:

decooney

UPDATE: The Kriega tank adapter is not well suited for the large/wide FZ8 tank. I returned the adapter and plan to use the Kriega bags for the tail and the Cortech Super 2.0 8L magnetic smaller bag for the tank. Now I know why nobody uses this setup on the tank of an FZ8. :rolleyes:

The challenges I see with the Kriega tank adpater system is its too short in length for an FZ8. When you remove the seat and secure the strap system and stretch the unit over the thank, the attachment straps get over-extended. In doing so, the velcro on the straps is exposed and will scratch your FZ8 tank. Also, the positioning is kind of funny. If you go too far back to avoid the air intake, the front straps are too short. If the Kriega adapter was a giant magnetic blanket you could strap the US10 or US20 bag to, it would be perfect.

Decided to go with the Cortech magnetic bag for the tank instead. Fitted several bags at the dealer to the FZ8 on the floor, personally I liked the way the Cortech magnetic fit best on the tank. We'll see how it goes.

Don't FZ8

I beg to differ with the poster above and decided to buy this adapter and the Kreiga US20 despite his comments.
It is an amazing attachment and receives great reviews so I was hoping it was just a matter of user error on the install.
It installs very easily without removing the plastic intake cover and doesn't block anything.
The Velcro attaches to the tank under the seat but at no point are the straps over extended or has any male side of the velcro come close to touching the tank.
This is an amazing solution for many bikes as i have friends with Street triples and Ducati's with it and am now happy to say it fits a 2013 FZ8 without issue.