K&N Air Filter

tiki

Amazon has the K&N air filters on sale for 44.54 + Free shipping in the US ( sorry don't know about Canada)
link for the lazy :
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-2010-12-Performance-Replacement-Filter/dp/B001NAP344/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363728470&sr=8-1&keywords=ya-1006]Yamaha FZ8 2010-12 K&N High Performance OEM Replacement Air Filter : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Didn't know if this was the right place to post this, if I should move it somewhere else let me know! (or if they're always that price and I'm just stupid)

Last edited:

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Amazon has the K&N air filters on sale for 44.54 + Free shipping in the US ( sorry don't know about Canada)
link for the lazy :
Yamaha FZ8 2010-12 K&N High Performance OEM Replacement Air Filter : Amazon.com : Automotive

Didn't know if this was the right place to post this, if I should move it somewhere else let me know! (or if they're always that price and I'm just stupid)

Thanks for the Share!! What a good price I got mine for a few bucks more 2 weeks ago.

For anyone that doesn't read instructions prior to installs, I got tripped up with the metal sandwich plate that K&N provides with the filter. I thought the sandwich plate was supposed to go under the filter to support it from the bottom, but it's actually supposed to go on TOP of the filter to act as a retaining bracket. I found out AFTER failing and having to read the directions.

I was under the premise that it's like car filters where you drop it in, and the airbox holds it down, turns out it was quite the opposite. :)

I'm really quite foolish sometimes, so I hope that helps.

tiki

Thanks for the Share!! What a good price I got mine for a few bucks more 2 weeks ago.

For anyone that doesn't read instructions prior to installs, I got tripped up with the metal sandwich plate that K&N provides with the filter. I thought the sandwich plate was supposed to go under the filter to support it from the bottom, but it's actually supposed to go on TOP of the filter to act as a retaining bracket. I found out AFTER failing and having to read the directions.

I was under the premise that it's like car filters where you drop it in, and the airbox holds it down, turns out it was quite the opposite. :)

I'm really quite foolish sometimes, so I hope that helps.

Yeah, I ordered it and would have made the same mistake. Thanks for the info!

charris247

ZeeKdaGreeK

Was the install easy? Do you have to take the bike apart? Any details before I order it? And also has anyone heard a diff in exhaust after install?

thach1130

Are there any branding of "K&N" on the filter? I asked because i bought my bike used and the other day when i took the airbox apart and the exact same filter is currently installed. If there's no branding then it is confirmed i have a K&N filter. This is great news because i can merely wash the filter and recharge with oil.