Just test drove a Fazer 8....

Corbets

... and wow. That's all I can say. I'm still a newbie, maybe 50 hours on a motorcycle, but I test drove all kinds of Yamaha models today, and the Fazer 8 blew my mind. Smooth throttle, beautiful shifts, and - important for a newb like me - great confidence in the turns.

I'd posted a week or two ago in the FZ6 forums that I was thinking of picking up an FZ6 S2. Today changed my mind - this is an incredible bike, and despite my 6'4", I fit really well on it. It's gonna cost me a couple of extra bucks, but I'm already in love with this bike!

Drinky

I saw one at the yamaha shop today, as I said on the fz6 forum, I totalled my fz6, spent about 4-5 weeks after thinking which bike I should get.
THen.... I saw the fazer 8... I WANT IT NOW.
gotta wait about 4 weeks and do a test run but the store owner said it rocked so...
maybe in a month a nice black fazer 8 will be in my garage :)

Drinky

I like the black one's too Drinky,might be my next bike also.
Need to test ride first though.

Yea ofcourse, never buy a bike without a testride.
Although I bought the FZ6 (signed the contract) and THEN I went for a testride lol..
(driving school had the nakeds as learning bikes tho..)
I was looking forward for my week in italy, now I can't wait for that to be over so I can ride the fz8 lol :D

Corbets

I like the black one's too Drinky,might be my next bike also.
Need to test ride first though.

Black is the color for me, no doubt. The white was ok too, and would do in a pinch, but the black is hot.

What's up with that viper blue? One of the recent FZ6s (2008, maybe? or maybe it was just a custom paint job, I don't know) had a really nice deep blue that I thought was great, but the FZ8's blue just isn't as sexy as it could be.

Mind you, it's not as bad as the FZ6 cobalt blue that I saw... ;)

Corbets

Meh - to each their own, I guess. ;) In any case, I may buy a used FZ6 and upgrade to a new FZ1 next year... this choice is a lot more agonizing than I'd anticipated. ;)