Just got my first bike, 2013 FZ8

jdubincali

I just picked up my first bike, the 2013 FZ8. I picked it up at Mission Motorsports in Irvine, CA and got a smoking deal after shopping for over 10 months and going to dozens of dealers in Los Angeles, Orange, and Riverside county areas.

My fiance (God bless her), followed my me home as I took the bike through local streets from Irvine to Pasadena area. I stalled it about 6 times but thankfully got home safe and sound--I rode it scooter speeds :) While this may not be an ideal first bike, I decided on this one because I felt the Honda CB500f was too small and would quickly out grow it.

Anyway...this bike is powerful for me but manageable. I love the look of this bike and really appreciate all of you FZ8 owners that have posted.

I need a lot practice before I really push this sweet machine--so any tips to a newbie like me is greatly appreciated!

Bajaedition

I have a 2013 also, great bike

tips,keep it easy till 600 miles, nothing over 6 grand and let the dealer do a service, they will check it to make sure it has no factory flaws

once you have it back sort of easy till 100o miles, at that point it is broke in

now about riding

go to a parking lot and practice slow maneuvers and braking then go out and find a semi twisty road and practice turns. all the time remembering you have a lot of power under your wrist, learn how to respect it.

after that, ride it like you stole it.:D

oh, ah :welcome:

Kardiac996

Welcome! I just picked up my 13' a week ago and am right at my first service. Its a fun bike and im sure you will enjoy!

jdubincali

No doubt...

They were great; especially the sales guy Steve. He worked hard and took the extra time in getting a great deal for me. Dude...the drive home was something else. I have NO riding experience, with the exception of the MFS course I took in November last year:eek:

So, my first experience riding was a 2 plus hour ride from Irvine to Pasadena! But man that shit was so fun!!!

Rotaryknight

awesome man!!

Welcome to the FZ8 Family :D

Stay safe out there and always be alert!!!

Becareful until at least 100 miles to scrub off the resin that is on the tires from factory. I scrubbed off the resin while swerving and doing long turns in a huge parking lot, it also helps to get the hang of a new bike that you are not used to.