Jump from 125cc to 800cc advice on gear shift

Mrpacis

Why is a slip on a must? So you can make some noise? There isn't much performance gain as where tires can make the difference from riding or sliding. I must either push mine harder or be an idiot. But having 4 bikes in my garages and 2 having after market pipes, i see no benefits. School me please

I'll school you. Loud pipes save lives.

Mrpacis

Bull Ship! :D

Oh he'll no. . Two reasons why I would change the pipes On my 8. 1 it Sounds like a scooter. 2 it already look beastly I just need either two brothers or jardine to make it 100 percent beastly with a power commander. And stop by at Motoricks pad and redline the bike till everyone is awake

F

Fazed

Oh he'll no. . Two reasons why I would change the pipes On my 8. 1 it Sounds like a scooter. 2 it already look beastly I just need either two brothers or jardine to make it 100 percent beastly with a power commander. And stop by at Motoricks pad and redline the bike till everyone is awake

3rd reason, it looks like it was designed by a 2 year old

4th reason, boat anchors are lighter

W

WARPTH

Why is a slip on a must? So you can make some noise? There isn't much performance gain as where tires can make the difference from riding or sliding. I must either push mine harder or be an idiot. But having 4 bikes in my garages and 2 having after market pipes, i see no benefits. School me please

personaly i feel the pipe puts you more in tune with your bike. i find my self looking at my tacho alot less often. other than that the stock pipe looks terrible and binning it is the best weight saving mod you can do!

F

Fazed

personaly i feel the pipe puts you more in tune with your bike. i find my self looking at my tacho alot less often. other than that the stock pipe looks terrible and binning it is the best weight saving mod you can do!

I fully agree with this comment. With the standard pipe on I would chug out of corners as I've let my revs dip too low, doesn't help it was a new bike to me as well. The last thing I'm doing when hooning around bends is looking at my tacho, there is already enough stuff to look out for. Now I can hear what the motor is doing (with the MIVV, so does everybody else;) )

Trooper

I envy you guys that are doing pipe swaps. Around my neck of the woods, the cops are itching to catch anyone with an aftermarket exhaust whether its quiet or not, just to make your life miserable. :mad:

FZER

Avid Rider
3rd reason, it looks like it was designed by a 2 year old

4th reason, boat anchors are lighter

Honestly, I think my ideal exhaust would be the stock one gutted to make it lighter, with straight pipes!!!

FZER

Avid Rider

REERLY? 12 pounds of weight loss! Sounds absolutely amazing now. My gas mileage did pick up some. Maybe the extra weight is wearing out your tires. Ok that was just a joke....

compensation

Trooper, get a mivv double gun and tell them to piss off:)

I know factory ones weigh alot so that is a good point. The engine is so noisy and vibrates everything enough to where i don't need to look at the tach. Like when your hands are vibrating off the handlebars that's wheelie time and when your fingers go numb that means shift:D

I still think new tires have more benefits. I put a 190 in the rear. Speedo shaved off a mph or so since it is taller. ( based on school zone speed clock) Sidewalls are smushed in to where you gain more tire surface on your full lean. Keeps me from sliding. Not as slick in the rain. Makes curves a breeze on the back wheel. I feel safer when i have to stop fast. Front tire finds traction faster if you hit a curvy hill and it comes off the ground. Tire pressures seem more noticeable on affect. This could also be that i weigh more then you guys and its more critical to me because of it.