IXIL hyperlow exhaust

sempre1

Well to be honest i like it but it is to much money, for $500 i definitely would buy the Yosh/Leo/Jardine. But that's me:)

lothodon

Super Moderator
i also kinda dig the shape, but like sempre1 posted, seems really pricey for what you get.

H

Hoover

I think it looks great. But it looks crap with the stock system. There are too many different materials, joints and shapes. It looks a bit "cobbled together"
If they did a full system, I might be more inclined. I don't think powder coating is the answer.

D

DJK1505

Kinda agree with Hoover, just looks like I threw some pipe together in my garage and I'm charging 500 bucks for it. If it was ceramic coated black, and a full system it would look good. I like the double pipes, but just needs some finishing.

You could prob use exhaust paint for the ends, and wrap the pipe up to the headers. That might look pretty good. But you can find a two brothers on ebay for a lot less than 500.

DJ

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
To be honest, I am less concerned about how much it costs to buy it than I am about buying it and hating it. Iv'e never been a big fan of any sort of "can" exhaust on bikes. And, with all the other work I have done on making the bike unique I really want something different. Perhaps I will go back to my idea of mounting two small GP mufflers stacked shotgun style.

RyanSterling

Agreed it is definitely one of the better looking and sounds fantastic. But, as I said it would be kind of nice to have at least one bike thats quiet. The more I am looking in to it, the more I am leaning towards fabbing my own.

The plan was to ceramic coat black from the header collector to the tips, and leave just the ends of the tips silver. Sounds like I need to do some photoshopping.

CrazyBiker

You will not get quiet with the GP style cans. The regular ones like Akra, Scorpion and Yoshi are pretty quiet, atleast on my FZ1. I have a Micron GP as I posted in the pics when I want to wreck havoc on the backcountry roads and the smooth Scorpion for regular commute/touring.

RyanSterling

I was thinking that perhaps by fabbing up a collector and running 2 of them I might be able to get the noise to a level I am happy with. Possibly one on either side of the bike. Originally I wanted to do an underbike system but after taking some measurements I don't think this will be possible. I tend to do things that are a little weird I guess. I rarely put anything right off the shelf on any of my vehicles. It's a blessing and a curse really, it's nice when it is done but it takes a lot of head scratching and welding to get there.

NJFz8

I was looking at these also, HOwever, my idea for my exhaust was doing an undertail set up, we have tons of space between the hugger and rear subframe, and i think that if i can make some nice creative bends/welds going from the side that the stock exhaust exits on, route it up and it to the center, i can put like a CBR1000/600 style set up on there.

C

Camo

To be honest, I am less concerned about how much it costs to buy it than I am about buying it and hating it. Iv'e never been a big fan of any sort of "can" exhaust on bikes. And, with all the other work I have done on making the bike unique I really want something different. Perhaps I will go back to my idea of mounting two small GP mufflers stacked shotgun style.
Similar boat...I want something a little left of field or at least different.
I went with a Mivv double gun that is in a way similar to what you posted(if it ever comes in). It will likely be louder but I wouldn't think by a huge amount and the fact I haven't seen a single member of this forum with one or anyone around here sporting one, leads me to believe it'll be somewhat unique.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I definitely like the shape of it and how it fits the lines of the FZ8. I personally would have to have it coated black.

But, for $500 bucks, I don't regret going with the Vance and Hines for under $400.

C

Camo

I like standard slip on looks way better, hell if I could get a GP style pipe that stayed under the bike except for the outlet I could do that. I don't like all the pipe.

See, I prefer not to be a sheep and think a little left of centre.
I dig the fact that most people wont like it but I also dig the minimalist look and aesthetic appeal that's completely different to "the standard slip on".
In saying that, I don't think you could whack a mivv double gun or the ixx on any bike. I think our FZ's suit it.
And given the near gay noise they make stock, I think the note they make will complement the bike somewhat and can only be an improvement.

Last edited: