Its mine

reALIGNed

I brought it home today (finally), and you guys were right.........its AWESOME. I can't imagine how I rode my '86 Honda for 26 yrs. This new Yamaha has some pretty big shoes to fill, my old Honda NEVER left me stranded, original clutch, sprockets, rear shock, (the entire bike is still stock).....61,000 miles and its still fun to ride. But now the real fun begins.................FZ8.
Btw, does any one know why this bike doesn't say "YAMAHA'' on it......anywhere??

reALIGNed

thanks..........i did find one place where it says yamaha, and thats on the gas cap. And also, I noticed there isn't a helmet lock anywhere either...wth

W

WARPTH

thanks..........i did find one place where it says yamaha, and thats on the gas cap. And also, I noticed there isn't a helmet lock anywhere either...wth

i was disappointed with out the helmet lock also. you can unclip the rear seat tie the helmet to it and than clip the back seat back on if your straps are long enough on your helmet. also you can always buy a u lock and lock the helmet to the passenger foot peg holder. either way you'll find a way that you'll be happy with and just enjoy the bike for what it is. =)

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Congrats on the new bike. You should have no problem with the Yamaha lasting as long as the Honda, except maybe for the clutch, it seems weak on the 8.

cpatt

Congrats on the new bike. You should have no problem with the Yamaha lasting as long as the Honda, except maybe for the clutch, it seems weak on the 8.

yea i agree with the weak clutch.. i was rely hard on mine and replaced it at 7k i think... i only had the bike for 2k of that tho.

H

Hoover

Congrats and welcome to the team.
First Sunday in Oct is the Fall Crud Run. Google the info and we'll see you there!!

bobbyb

congrats
no need to say Yamaha on it, the tuning forks logo means yamaha. thats where they began, pianos! sort of like the honda "wing" logo.
old school stuff guys, I was there.
B

H

Hoover

congrats
no need to say Yamaha on it, the tuning forks logo means yamaha. thats where they began, pianos! sort of like the honda "wing" logo.
old school stuff guys, I was there.
B

Take all of the logos off. looks much better

reALIGNed

NICE DEAL

I got one heck of a deal too (I think), msrp was $8490.00, the dealer had it marked down to $7999.00, Yamaha was giving a $300.00 cash back, brought it down to $7699.00, then I got two free tickets to attend the Milwaukee Air Show, (done over the shores of Lake Michigan) and these included meal, drink and goody bag, all compliments of Yamaha, they had a big tent down there and my wife and I were VIP's for the day,.... on them........then a Yamaha rep. came up to me and handed me a $200.00 coupon towards any Yamaha merchandise at my local Yamaha dealer....shook my hand and said "welcome to the family", and one more thing, upon test driving the FZ8 demo before I bought (a new one), I will be receiving a pair of Oakley Blade sun glasses (in the mail, 4-6 wks.)..........very, very impressive indeed, and the bike still kicks a$$.