Is this something to worry about?

quegacho

First off I wanna say that this site & Rideapart are the only things I consistent read daily re bikes. So thx to everyone who maintains n contributes here. I'd really appreciate some help :) So, today I noticed a small amount of liquid or lube(?) just below the clamp on the frame. Not sure how long it's been there or what it is. I don't think it's been too long as I usually inspect the bike when I ride. However, to be honest that's not a place I usually look at very closely. It's semi-dry and kinda tacky. I haven't cleaned so I could take the pic n post it. I guess I could clean it then wait to see if it comes back. Any ideas? Should I take it to the shop?
Also, thanks & apologies in advanced if I did this wrong-I'm not great with computers etc

NoNine4me

First off I wanna say that this site & Rideapart are the only things I consistent read daily re bikes. So thx to everyone who maintains n contributes here. I'd really appreciate some help :) So, today I noticed a small amount of liquid or lube(?) just below the clamp on the frame. Not sure how long it's been there or what it is. I don't think it's been too long as I usually inspect the bike when I ride. However, to be honest that's not a place I usually look at very closely. It's semi-dry and kinda tacky. I haven't cleaned so I could take the pic n post it. I guess I could clean it then wait to see if it comes back. Any ideas? Should I take it to the shop?
Also, thanks & apologies in advanced if I did this wrong-I'm not great with computers etc
Nothing to be concerned about. The grease will weep out a bit after time. Wipe it off.

socal

if it is on the bar kinna in front of the mount for the kickstand on the left side then it is extra chain lube from the front sproket, lot of people clean the back one but not the front

quegacho

Thanks everyone! So I stopped by the dealer and the mechanic said the same thing: Nothing to worry about. Phew I feel better! I just don't take anything for granted on the bike. I don't like to take any chances. On a side note... I was terribly worried when I got up this morning to check for replies to my post and the website was down. My first reaction was that I had caused it somehow since I'm terrible at forums etc. hahaha glad to see the site is back. Like someone else commented: withdrawals were just starting. :) thx agn

Bajaedition

wow

what a relief

at first I thought he was going to ask about that growth on his nads

wipe off the grease

go see a doctor about the growth
;):eek::eek::cool:

NoNine4me

Thanks everyone! So I stopped by the dealer and the mechanic said the same thing: Nothing to worry about. Phew I feel better! I just don't take anything for granted on the bike. I don't like to take any chances. On a side note... I was terribly worried when I got up this morning to check for replies to my post and the website was down. My first reaction was that I had caused it somehow since I'm terrible at forums etc. hahaha glad to see the site is back. Like someone else commented: withdrawals were just starting. :) thx agn
Relax.;)