If anyone is looking to buy in the phoenix area

medivh66

Pillion
I normally hate ridenow with a passion but I stopped in there on my way home from cyclegear. They have a 13 fz8 for only 7199. right next to it they had the fz9 and I must say, Im not really a fan. I think it is a combination of the blue rims, afterthought tail light, weird guages and dumb looking seat. I think if they adressed those issues It would make the bike feel more upscale. They also had two Bolts on the floor both looked great. and a hold over '12 fjr for 13000.

I was also suprised to see a '13 suzuki gladius on the floor. I thought they quit making those. and for 7999 I think someone would be an idiot to buy that over the fz8 or fz9. Probably why it was tucked back in a corner.

:2cents:

HenryT

Yeah some cycle trader adds have brand new 2013 FZ8s listed for under $6,500.

I feel sorry for the guys trying to get more than that for their 2011 used bikes....:(

Last edited:

F3NIX

Thats where I bought mine. $7999.99 about 2 months ago. Knew I should have waited u til the fz9 came out. Oh well its financed and the difference is probably a couple bucks a month. I normally wouldnt walk in to that place either, but I can honestly say that I had a good experience this time around. :)

Sent from my phone

ssky0078

RideNow is a rip off. I knew a guy that used to be the sales manager there. On all their used bikes, they are marked up 2-3,000 over kbb or NADA. He said they specifically target riders that don't know anything about bikes, cut $1,000 off the price and still clear an extra $1,000-2,000, while the noob thinks they negotiated a deal.

F3NIX

RideNow is a rip off. I knew a guy that used to be the sales manager there. On all their used bikes, they are marked up 2-3,000 over kbb or NADA. He said they specifically target riders that don't know anything about bikes, cut $1,000 off the price and still clear an extra $1,000-2,000, while the noob thinks they negotiated a deal.

Gheez thanks man!

Sent from my phone

ssky0078

Gheez thanks man!

Sent from my phone

You bought a new bike at close to MSRP. I wouldn't feel bad about that. I would just watch out for the used ones.

I bought my 2009 Fz1 5k miles with new oil and new PR2's in December for $6k from an online dealer and RideNow had a 2009 Fz1 with fewer miles, 2,000, oem tires, for $7500, Nada was $6499 at the time. I stopped back in there just to look around in August and they still had it for $7199. Nada has dropped below $6k in the meantime.

F3NIX

Ok. That makes me feel a little better. I will say that if I had waited a littke longer I cou k d have gotten the bike for about 1k cheaper. But at the time I just wanted to get on and ride!

I will say this though....I bought the maintenance plan from them. $589 and it covers 6 services over the first 3 years. I already saved $180 for the first service. I figure by the time the 3rd year comes around I should be enjoying a couple of free services :)

Sent from my phone

ssky0078

Ok. That makes me feel a little better. I will say that if I had waited a littke longer I cou k d have gotten the bike for about 1k cheaper. But at the time I just wanted to get on and ride!

I will say this though....I bought the maintenance plan from them. $589 and it covers 6 services over the first 3 years. I already saved $180 for the first service. I figure by the time the 3rd year comes around I should be enjoying a couple of free services :)

Sent from my phone

It will be worth it if it covers the first valve adjustment (5 hour job for the shop). Real price on doing an oil change on your own with Yamalube Full Synthetic and Yamaha filter is $55 (might be $65, my dealer hooks me up). It only takes about 10 minutes to do it, but they will shop fee you for a full hour at $85 a pop.

IF you don't have the time or the tools the service plan makes a lot of sense

F3NIX

It can be used for any service on the bike within the first 3 years. So the oil changes I plan on doing myself or paying for them. I will save these for the major service points. Just out of curiosity what milage do you do the valve adjustment? 4k?

Sent from my phone

ssky0078

It can be used for any service on the bike within the first 3 years. So the oil changes I plan on doing myself or paying for them. I will save these for the major service points. Just out of curiosity what milage do you do the valve adjustment? 4k?

Sent from my phone

If its the same as the Fz1 which it's the same engine different bore and stroke, I think it is 26,600 miles or 40,000 kilometers.

If it was for 6 services, I would save it for the valve adjustments because that is at least a 5 hour job at usually $80 per hour. The other one I might have them do would be the throttle body sync. I think they are every 8,000 or 12,000 miles but anytime you start to run funny or get a little too much vibration then it's worth doing. I do my own TB syncs. Finally I would save 1 for a chain and sprocket job. I think it books out at 1.75 hours so about $150 in labor. The OEM chain and sprocket is supposed to last about 15,000 miles but people routinely get 20-30k miles out of them. I probably could have done mine at 20,000 miles but am waiting till 24,000 to stretch the budget.