HP Gain from DanMoto - Proof

a-rode

Some of you who frequent the other forum may recall my Bone Stock Dyno Run from July, well i have an update!

More data than proof.

Below you will find the stock run and a run with ONLY a DanMoto Jisu pipe (and 1000 more miles). This is the exact same Dyno, same "rider" and similar conditions Slightly warmer and more humid.

What you will notice is a HP Gain of an average 2.5 Horse Power with no tune, fuel mods, air filter etc. One could argue i see up to 3.6 additional horses. It also appears that the bike was topping out around 119 MPH in 4th over the previous 114-115 MPH.

I am planning on getting the basic FlashTune soon and will pull another run if possible.

Run 1 - Bone Stock 2100 Miles

Run 2 DanMoto Jisu Slip On ONLY 3000 Miles

Last edited:

alexk

Weekend Rider
The gain is within margin of error - the gain is tiny, the engine has had more time running, the humidity and air density are different (though the air temp is higher), the tires have had more wear on them (slightly lighter at the very edge means more horsepower on the dyno), the fuel is a different batch, the oil has aged and maybe been changed...

So, the question isn't academic anymore - it's visceral. How does the mod make you feel?

a-rode

I would say it is a minor gain, but would still show that there is no loss from adding only a pipe , perhaps a slight gain.

I don't feel much of a change, maybe a little more of a kick after 6k to redline.

The noise alone is worth it. In my opinion.

Rotaryknight

as Alexk said, its within margin of error, especially when the SAE factor adjusts for humidity on the dyno. Motorcycles already run at the highest efficiency a normal aspirated engine can get.

If you get 3hp here, 1hp there, it adds up. I would say cheapest mod to get hp is to do the R1 cam swap. A fz8 member finished the swap and is making 142hp with R1 cams and tuning.

a-rode, you can get a little more power and ridability if you get a tune. If the place where you got the dyno run at does tuning with flashtune, they can unlock the ecu restriction and dyno tune your bike. Its around 3-7hp gain, more with headers and intake mods.

a-rode

I'm working with Doom to get a flashtune this month.

I am just sharing what I have a record of as I upgrade bits. Not looking for HP gains, the bike has plenty. All in all, I am happy with he way the bike sounds and looks with the new pipe and quite interested to find that there was no loss in power over the stock pipe.

That all said, the DynoJet VP would argue that any DynoJet Dyno should be within 1/2 HP of accurate when using the SAE SF correction. given a change in dyno, or environment
http://imageftp.dynojet.com/CMD/Truth_Lies_Dyno Runs_Final.pdf

Marketing BS?, Maybe.

Last edited:

elim70

as Alexk said, its within margin of error, especially when the SAE factor adjusts for humidity on the dyno. Motorcycles already run at the highest efficiency a normal aspirated engine can get.

If you get 3hp here, 1hp there, it adds up. I would say cheapest mod to get hp is to do the R1 cam swap. A fz8 member finished the swap and is making 142hp with R1 cams and tuning.

a-rode, you can get a little more power and ridability if you get a tune. If the place where you got the dyno run at does tuning with flashtune, they can unlock the ecu restriction and dyno tune your bike. Its around 3-7hp gain, more with headers and intake mods.

Is that rwhp? Also what r1 cams, are they stock or upgraded? That is about the same hp#'s that a pre cross plane r1 made at the wheels give or take a couple hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elim70

Thanks for the link but I cannot access it through my phone. I searched around but I am seeing rwhp at about 110-115 which is still great for the cost of the mod. Anyone use a complete r1 head and valve train? Anything beyond that the cost would be much greater and not sure it would be worth it. Fwiw I think my bike is plenty fast and my abilities are barely scratching the surface of its capabilities but I just love to mess around looking for more power[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: