How much have you spent so far?

V

Vapordan

Include mods, include labor, track time cost, trailers etc, but not regular maintenance since you purchased your bike. You don't need to itemize it, just a fairly decent ballpark.

Accessories $800, labor $150
I am at $950 so far - haven't even taken possession, no helmet no riding gear yet. Not good at all.

Info like this may be useful down the road to figure out things like
*TCO (total cost of ownership),
*ROI (Return on Investment - if you are contemplating selling or trading in)
*Money trail to show where disposable income is going
*Cost projection on what you are likely to spend were to consider investing in an FZ8.
*Comparison tool when bike shopping. e.g., this bike is cheaper long term than a crotch rocket etc.
*Budgeting (do I get more value doing it myself or sending it to the shop etc)

Sorry, I do this a lot at work and its naturally seeping in here!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DJK1505

Hahahaahh oh shit, lets think,

levers- 50
mirrors- 80
pcv- 300
auto tune- 200
exhaust- 400
rear sets- 350
tires- 260
fender eliminator- 30
blinkers- 40
handlebars- 50
grips- 20
k&n- 60
brake lines- 150
chain- 125
sprockets- 100
usb port- 30
balance beads- 35
PVC for throttle mod- 5 bucks
rear grab handles- 125
gold bolt set (waste of money)- 90
oil cap- 30
tail light- 75
frame sliders and bobbins- 75

Well thats what 2680 so far. I have replaced the chain twice because the first one was a POS, two sets of handle bars, three sets of grips, some other crap I know I am forgetting something. So probably around 2800 or more in mods, if I had to pay labor, hahahhahahah it would probably be well over 5K then.

DJ

Last edited:
C

calscrazy

mods= $1000 exhaust,rear seat cowl, factory radiator cover (powder coated black), levers, exhaust, mirrors, smog plates

track day-$175

trips- three sisters $300, ozarks $500, august is a santa cruz trip $1000

D

DJK1505

Include mods, include labor, track time cost, trailers etc, but not regular maintenance since you purchased your bike. You don't need to itemize it, just a fairly decent ballpark.

Accessories $800, labor $150
I am at $950 so far - haven't even taken possession, no helmet no riding gear yet. Not good at all.

I didnt even catch that, your a grand in and you dont even have the bike yet! SWEET!!!!!

D

Deleted member 438

I don't even know at this point, but I'm assuming at least 3k. I'll see if I can get an estimate.

V

Vapordan

Moderator:
What I think we need here is a grid where folks can simply add a row for their bike. That way it ends up on one page that's easy to find and total. Something like this:

wa2txcory

Too much and way more to go :-/

Right now with new gear probably 3K at least and still have at least belly pan fairing, new rear sets, K&N, exhaust, frame sliders, would like to black ceramic cost exhaust, and whatever else I cant think of right now.

So far:
Bar end mirrors
Fender eliminator
New Q2 tires
New black levers
Headlight bulb
New turn signals
and all black gear (other gear is blue from my blue gixxer and for some reason had to get all blacked out gear for this bike-helmet, gloves, textile jacket and pants, leather jacket and pants, black alpinestars boots, etc.

I do think I am going to keep this bike and not trade it in in a couple years; however, I am pretty sure the next bike I am going to get is a daytona 675R (brembo brakes, quick shift, ohlins suspension, etc) so I dont have to keep adding everything to make it the way I want. Starting to get to the point, with thinking of what I still have to do, that I am like the people who buy a 15K car and add a bunch of crap to it to make it decent when they could have just bought a decent car to begin with. Although it is fun tinkering with the adds but damn this bike has cost me the most in upgrades already and I dont even think I am 1/2 way there yet haha.

lothodon

Super Moderator
Moderator:
What I think we need here is a grid where folks can simply add a row for their bike. That way it ends up on one page that's easy to find and total. Something like this:

sadly it's not a feature built into the forum software that I'm aware of. perhaps a pm to the admin as a request to see if it's even possible.

Sschwar4

Frame sliders
Tail Bag
MotoDynamic Integrated tail light
Givi Wind Screen
K&N Air and Oil
ASV Levers
Driven D3 grips
Akrapovic Slip-on
SpeedoHealer
GYTR radiator guard

$1450

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Black Widow

Avid Rider
As far as the wife is concerned, i have spent very little:D. I will add it up later ,but with riding gear it is over $3000 i'm sure;)

lyric911

• Danmoto conical GP exhaust - $132
  • Power Commander $320
  • Autotune $230 + $50 for bung and weld + $25 for gaskets = $305
  • Ride It shorty levers $80
  • HID conversion (projector) $130
  • K&N air filter $67
  • Airbox mod (increase size of intake hole)
  • Tail Tidy $20
  • Cramp Buster $7
  • Bar end mirrors $6
  • Cortech Dryver tank bag $245 total
  • Nelson Rigg saddle bags $120
  • Nelson Rigg tail bag $85
  • AIS Removal $25
  • Yamaha center stand $155
  • Corbin seat $275
  • Integrated taillight $75
  • LED front indicators $82
  • Tank Grips $50
$2179. That doesn't count riding gear, most of that I already had.

H

Hoover

Yoshi R-77 D exhaust...$399.00
Yoshi fender elim kit.....$116.95
SP turn signals............$21.50
Flasher relay...............$11.65
Hella sport horn...........$52.00
K&N air filter................$55.88
CRG mirrors.................$152.92
CRG mirror adaptors......$17.78
Renthal bars................$58.29
Goodridge fr brake lines..$113.95
Goodridge r brake line.....$61.50
Ride-it levers................$39.95
Pro Grip grips................$11.72
Top Sellerie seats..........$66.94
Tinted tail light..............Case of Miller Lite

Total: $1,198.58

Zeitgeist

Akrapovic slip on - $560
K&N filter - $60
(shipping from USA - $80)

$700 total

Speaking of which, my package arrived today, picking it up from the post office in a few hours when I fly home. Excited much? Much too much.

D

Deleted member 438

Arrow header-572.85
Akra slip on-560.96
PCV-319.96
Autotune-223.96
FZ1/R1 front end-about 500
Satan666 adapter and R1 shock- about 155
SS brake lines-90
AIS plates-36.99
Evotech tail tidy-I think it was 80
15t front sprocket-34.95
SpeedoDRD- 74.95
CF front fender- 140
I'm at $2790 USD and that's just a rough estimate not including shipping. Yikes!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 438

I forgot about the tune after getting the header and that was $350. I'm officially at $3000.

C

calscrazy

am i the only one who doesn't buy new gear because i have a new bike? i just buy gear when i need it.