Hit a deer.....

Trek

On Sunday I finally got a chance to take my bike out of the garage, but I had an unfortunate run-in with a deer with less than 20 miles on the odometer. Put a bit of a damper on my day. Luckily I saw it far enough in advance and was able to slow down so that no significant damage occurred to the bike (didn't even fall over). At this point you are probably wondering how i hit this deer if i was going so slow. Well apparently the deer in my area are "special" deer. Who when reaching the other side of the road decide that they need to cross again.

Basically I tell you all this to finish by saying that my front fender is broken and I need to find a replacement. Someone told me the perfect time to upgrade is when something breaks. I was thinking Carbon Fiber would be cool. I found that the OEM front fender for approximately $90, and if I can find a CF one for less than twice that I would be pretty satisfied. Ebay has a couple but the ones in my price range don't ship to the US.
I have heard that Yamaha reuses alot of there parts from bike to bike and i would like to know what other bikes share a direct replacement of our front fender.

C

calscrazy

glad you got away clean. hypo wasn't as lucky. good luck with the search.

matt73

If you come to Australia don't use your horn on the kangaroos. They run back in front of you. Luckily I wasn't on my bike at the time but I did have explain to the kids that the roo was ok after daddy ran over it.

hypo

man those 'roo's were HUGE! We drove from RAAF Darwin down to Alice Springs on a long weekend when I was in the Marines on deployment... ya don't mess with those buggers!

Glad you're ok Trek!

Last edited: