Hit a deer today, KEPT IT UP!?

BIGpanda

So yeah I hit a deer today right down the street from my place of employment on the way home. I was doing about 60mph and it just ran out in front of me, I grabbed both brakes and the deer tried to run away but it was too late. I railed it, right in its head. Its head hit my front tire and fender/fork and rag dolled like 15 feet into the air off the road somewhere. The bike bucked a little and the front tire came off the ground but I got it back down and straightened it out and rolled on.

I turned around and went back to find it, so I parked on the side of the road and set out on foot to take a picture. Just then another guy on a bike rolled up and was like "are you alright?" I was like "I just hit a deer?! :eek: " He didn't believe me until I showed him the fur on my fender and brake rotor. We then both proceeded to find the deer, and find it we did. The head was severed, not completely but almost. It was like Nearly Headless Nick in the Harry Potter movies.

Anyway just then a State Trooper pulls up and was questioning me like I just committed homicide on this deer, I was like "WTF?" and told me to get off the road. I tried to get pictures but he was being "authoritative" so I did what he said and rolled out. I'm gonna go back out tomorrow and try to find it and get pics.

But yeah, all is good I just need to get a carbon fiber fender now :cool: and try to straighten my brake rotor.

Ride Safe Gentleman

Where can I get one of those fancy carbon fenders?

Last edited:

lyric911

So yeah I hit a deer today right down the street from my place of employment on the way home. I was doing about 60mph and it just ran out in front of me, I grabbed both brakes and the deer tried to run away but it was too late. I railed it, right in its head. Its head hit my front tire and fender/fork and rag dolled like 15 feet into the air off the road somewhere. The bike bucked a little and the front tire came off the ground but I got it back down and straightened it out and rolled on.

I turned around and went back to find it, so I parked on the side of the road and set out on foot to take a picture. Just then another guy on a bike rolled up and was like "are you alright?" I was like "I just hit a deer?! :eek: " He didn't believe me until I showed him the fur on my fender and brake rotor. We then both proceeded to find the deer, and find it we did. The head was severed, not completely but almost. It was like Nearly Headless Nick in the Harry Potter movies.

Anyway just then a State Trooper pulls up and was questioning me like I just committed homicide on this deer, I was like "WTF?" and told me to get off the road. I tried to get pictures but he was being "authoritative" so I did what he said and rolled out. I'm gonna go back out tomorrow and try to find it and get pics.

But yeah, all is good I just need to get a carbon fiber fender now :cool: and try to straighten my brake rotor.

Ride Safe Gentleman

Where can I get one of those fancy carbon fenders?

First off, glad you are OK. I'd have probably peed myself a little. :p

That being said, I'd trash the rotor and buy a new one. Peace of mind, and all that. Brakes are important.

compensation

Happy that you are ok! Did you cut the backstraps out of the deer? Haha Listen to lyric on the rotor, its fragile now. Check out my post in " the bar ". It is titled, I hit a deer.