HID

mundan101

Hey all, I installed a GP Thunder 6k HD kit in '13 FZ8...couldnt find anywhere to mount the slim ballast..Ended up mounting it near the forks exposed...Of course I got caught in the rain and the unit went out.

Any ideas on where to mount this and cover it? I tried every place I could think of and no luck.

Anyone aware of a weather proof ballast?

Your help and suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Nemo

the balast used in me cx-5 are waterproof , i wash the inside of my car hood often and never had problem ... ill come back with the brand tomorow ! its 2 am now , and dark ! and im naked and lazy and drunk and and and

Woody146

Banned
Trs.com or through chad at AHR.

This one was defective in cold situations..they replaced it with another that does not have ss on it..new one has thicker and harder shell.

Woody146

Banned
sold, ty!

TRS is in my back yard, just got it.

Sweet! Since I got my new one..not a single malfunction...this location will help with the weather too..I have seen people put a rubber piece above ignition so water will not penetrate..you should be good though...and trs has good warranty

dtbrown

Hey all, I installed a GP Thunder 6k HD kit in '13 FZ8...couldnt find anywhere to mount the slim ballast..Ended up mounting it near the forks exposed...Of course I got caught in the rain and the unit went out.

Any ideas on where to mount this and cover it? I tried every place I could think of and no luck.

Anyone aware of a weather proof ballast?

Your help and suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Zip tied mine here.

I have the morimoto and its worked fine in the rain so far. I mounted in the same place as the others but used the thin mounting plate included and the stock "dash" bolt on the left. Turns out the nut included with the morimoto is the perfect fit. I bent the mounting plate 90 deg at the end and used the excess stock dash bolt (left) sticking out for a nice tight and secure fit. Looks like it belongs there! hope my description makes sense lol.

Can't figure out how to rotate the pic. sorry