Hid Issues PLEASE HELP.

BarberL

I just bought an hid kit from ddm tuning but It looks as if I need to wire it directly to the battery but the wires are no where near long enough. And cutting and altering them voids the lifetime warranty. So I went and purchased another kit that's close to where I live. And I plugged it up but it just flickered and then shuts right off. I tried 3 different ballasts and the sense result just flickered and shuts off. And when I switch it to high beam the high beam comes on and stays on but the low beam flickered then shuts off. Both kits I bought are 35w 6k from ddm tunning. And 8k from the shop by by house. Can any one please help me figure out what's wrong.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Have you contacted DDM Tuning? If they have a lifetime warranty, they will make it right, or at least figure out what your issue is.

From what it sounds like, you may not have a good ground. Check all your connections to make sure they are secure. Have you tried different bulbs?

Oh and shameless plug, if you ever want real light output: Affordable HID Retrofitting - Home

HeresMyMind

the best thing you can do, is create a custom wire harness or purchase one from TRS. It uses a relay so it takes power directly from the battery to power the HIDs and uses the stock headlight plug as the switch.

This will stop the flickering.

You also shouldn't be running a PnP kit in your headlight, it will cause crazy glare and blind oncoming!

-B

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
the best thing you can do, is create a custom wire harness or purchase one from TRS. It uses a relay so it takes power directly from the battery to power the HIDs and uses the stock headlight plug as the switch.

This will stop the flickering.

You also shouldn't be running a PnP kit in your headlight, it will cause crazy glare and blind oncoming!

-B

I couldn't agree with this more. Oh and if you want a TRS harness, just let me know. That is my supplier.

dtbrown

What kind of HID kit is it? Almost all hid kits are direct plug in to stock plug. But if you need to just make extensions.

I just bought an hid kit from ddm tuning but It looks as if I need to wire it directly to the battery but the wires are no where near long enough. And cutting and altering them voids the lifetime warranty. So I went and purchased another kit that's close to where I live. And I plugged it up but it just flickered and then shuts right off. I tried 3 different ballasts and the sense result just flickered and shuts off. And when I switch it to high beam the high beam comes on and stays on but the low beam flickered then shuts off. Both kits I bought are 35w 6k from ddm tunning. And 8k from the shop by by house. Can any one please help me figure out what's wrong.

Keach

Well crap I have one on the way from ddm. BarberL you'll have to keep us updated on what happens.