Hey hey hey from IOWA :)

Glovik

Hi guys, my names Nick and I just got my brand new 2011 FZ8 yesterday!!!! I'm a 25 year old pizzeria manager from Cedar Rapids Iowa, home of the crazy floods a couple of years ago ;p. I've been riding for a couple of years now, mainly a 1980 Suzuki GS 450 L, and my dads 2003 Honda VTX 1800,but mainly the 1800 recently due to the Suzuki being old and leaky. I took a trip to Waukon, Iowa last fall where my dad bought his bike to get an oil change and an excuse for a cruse, and I saw my first FZ8. I fell instantly in love and have been watching YouTube videos about them obsessively until my dream finally came true and I got my very own :). Unfortunatlely is been in the 50s during the day and last night I rode home in low 30s! Regardless, having a new bike keeps you pretty warm and I've already put on 180 miles and can't wait to leave work to ride more. I set up my 600 mile service already for next Thursday, but I'm worried I'll be at 600 well before then lol.

Honestly I've been stalking these forums for the past month or so and I've learned loads already and recognize most members already lol. Looking forward to contribute my 2 cents and get to know everyone.

Safe driving!!!!
Nick

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Welcome Nick! Id say you upgraded congrats! when i shopped around i new it was the one. I like the you tube vids as well.

Darknite

Nick,

New here myself, picked mine up last Saturday. Gotta love sticking with the black 2011 model..sweet choice!

Look forward to seeing the evolution of your bike and stories from your rides.

-Cheers

lothodon

Super Moderator
enjoy your time here and on the bike.

i've been a part of quite a few bike forums but this one seems to have the least "inside jokes" and hostility toward anyone new, so from me and the rest of us WELCOME!!!

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
I agree with Lothodon, there is so much less drama and trolling on here than any other site I have joined. It's a nice change.

:welcome: and thanks to all that make this the great place it is ;)

lyric911

I agree with Lothodon, there is so much less drama and trolling on here than any other site I have joined. It's a nice change.

:welcome: and thanks to all that make this the great place it is ;)

I'm jaded enough to think/realize that's because we're still small enough that asshattery hasn't taken over. The only forum I'm on where asshattery isn't the norm that's big is arstechnica.

mikefz8

Welcome, new guy--and as a new guy! BE Careful the 8 has a ton of power and watch out for idiots!

H

Hoover

Welcome aboard. You will love this bike more and more every day

D

Deleted member 438

Welcome friend, can't wait to go cruising with you when you're in town.